ad

What one bit of advice would you give to a new property investor?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
We all started at the bottom with limited experience and perhaps limited funding and no doubt along the way we were given advice and guidance by people we trusted. So, if you could give one piece of advice to somebody new to the property investment sector, what would it be? We will set the ball

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Continue reading...

N

nmb

Never stop learning - the moment you think you know it all is the moment you are in most danger.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers!

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
While there is nothing wrong in taking a short-term profit, all of your investments should be made on a long-term basis. However, if the long-term prospects for a particular market do change then you should reconsider your investments.

L

lookinginvest

Don't investment money you might need in the short to medium term. Property investment is a long-term game!

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Study and research successful property investors but ultimately create your own strategies and do it your way.

A

Andrey Sokure

Go to your county website or to the court house, Get the list of homeowners acing foreclosure, contact the owners and offer them short sale.

C

Chris Tian

I will suggest the person to search the property with a realtor or have enough strong connection that you can get the details of teh property without a help of realtor. From my own experience, first check the property value, its market value and after that the value of that area where is your property.

N

nmb

The idea of contacting those in financial trouble sounds interesting. While some may view this as opportunistic, the chances are that you would be able to offer a better deal than any foreclosing bank.

A

aurelie

I always invest on short term. Never hold a property longer than three years. It becomes too risky if you hold it longer. Markets, areas,.. evolve (and the house degrades after refurbishment).

L

lookinginvest

I have a totally different investment criteria because in general I like to buy and hold properties longer term although if a short-term profit does arise have no problems taking it. I'm intrigued as to what kind of return you see as acceptable with regards to short term property investment?

N

nmb

If a property looks "too cheap to be true" there is often a reason. However, if you do your research you may find some property investment gems which have been overlooked.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
If you have a target price in mind, whether buying or selling a property, you might need to be slightly flexible. There is no point missing out on buying or selling a property for just a few pounds. You may live to regret a rigid approach!