What is your favourite time of the year to visit?

• Thread starter queenie40something
  • Start date
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all

What is your favourite time of the year for visiting Egypt and why?

We have been March and April but it wasnt really hot enough for me and the sun goes down to early.

I liked June as it was hot but my favourite is probably October as you escape some of the horrid weather in the UK and come back looking healthy and refreshed ready for the winter.

Nov and Dec again was pretty much like March - needed a cardi in the evenings.

D

dave99

Best for me was early Sept

Best for me was early Sept.

Been in Dec / March / April / May / July / Sept so far.

September is the best mix of daytime heat / sun / warm sea / longish daylight / warm evenings.

P

philthecar

we have just returned from hurghada and found the evenings very cold, coats and long trousers but lovelly and warm in the day (save for the water) ! will be staying in sharm in april so we will see what the difference is

N

nubianqueen

weather time!

hi queenie and dave

funnily enough been thinking about the weather as i visit quite often, and have just come back from hurghada when it is sandstorm time! i cant remember the name that is it called by egyptians, they say march and april are sandstorm times. it reminded me very much that hurghada is built on the desert! found it a bit difficult, how do people keep their apartments sand free, would like to know.

however it got me thinking at best times to go to egypt as i felt as though i had a perpetual sniffles this time.

i quite like september too and will certainly be going at this time and also perhaps october. not sure of other months, i have been in february that was fine during the day, but cool in the evenings, but i like egptian cool! hmm May was o.k. too.

p.s. sorted out my apartment at hv (i think!) looking forward to gradually furnishing it islamic style, nigel i am creating a space all for you to come visit!

nubianqueen

What is your favourite time of the year for visiting Egypt and why?

We have been March and April but it wasnt really hot enough for me and the sun goes down to early.

I liked June as it was hot but my favourite is probably October as you escape some of the horrid weather in the UK and come back looking healthy and refreshed ready for the winter.

Nov and Dec again was pretty much like March - needed a cardi in the evenings.[/QUOTE]

N

nubianqueen

p.s.

my nail varnish on my toes melted in alexandria in july last year!!!

nubian queen

queenie40something

queenie40something

LOL thats funny ref nail varnish. Congrats on the apartment NubiaQueen and glad it is all sorted. Looking forward to seeing some pics of it furnished.

I am back soon cant wait.

The sand storms are due to the Khamsin winds. Apparently we have recently had our worse in Sharm. Luckily I have someone who looks after my apartment and she went in afterwards and gave everything a good clean. Luckily she had previously put the dust sheets over the beds and sofas but the sand does get everywhere.

Georgina

Georgina

Living here all year I prefer the summer to the winter. And I love it when the wind drops! But not in the height of the summer as you really need that strong wind to keep you cool.

I look at the forecast everyday because the temperature changes and the wind speed changes. I love warm, still evenings. We were so lucky this winter. Hardly had any cold weather or if we did it passed quickly. Had many beautiful warm sunny winter days without the cold wind. And only a couple of spots of rain in El Gouna.

C

CMChris

:D My favourite time is any time I can get to Egypt. Each visit is betterer and betterer than the time before!