What is the best way to sell property

H

habibti

I have an apartment in Mahmutlar that we want to sell. The local agent said they have a buyer, but still has not provided an offer to purchase. However, he does insist on us giving him Power of Attorney, which we are not comfortable doing.

Can anyone advise on the best way to sell a property when not living in Turkey? Preferably with POA to the agent, or is that the only way to do it.

He does not even have it on his website for sale or for rental, so I would prefer not to use him.

I am not sure if there is a buyer, as it has been 4 months ago that he started the whole POA thing.

Thanks

C

CkinTurkey

Hi there.

If you can not travel at all to Turkey for the sale then a PoA would need given to a nominated person to sign over the deeds - eg a family member who could travel or maybe you have a very trusted friend here? However travelling here for the day of the sale would be your best option.

With regards to this agent I say scrap him asap. Its not impossible here for a house to be sold before it's had chance to go onto a website but after 4 months I'd expect the agent to have marketed it on more than one platform, esp if you have requested rent or sale.

Based on his/her behaviour this agent should definitely not receive power of attorney.

Talk to people in your area re recommendation for a reputable agent and start the process again.

Kind regards

Ck

H

habibti

Thanks for this
We are considering travelling instead, but yes, the agent is a bit dodgy - we only got the signed offer yesterday eventhough it was supposedly signed in June, and he is undertaking painting etc, without our approval and deducting it from our rental, again, without prior approval from us...

Hi there.

If you can not travel at all to Turkey for the sale then a PoA would need given to a nominated person to sign over the deeds - eg a family member who could travel or maybe you have a very trusted friend here? However travelling here for the day of the sale would be your best option.

With regards to this agent I say scrap him asap. Its not impossible here for a house to be sold before it's had chance to go onto a website but after 4 months I'd expect the agent to have marketed it on more than one platform, esp if you have requested rent or sale.

Based on his/her behaviour this agent should definitely not receive power of attorney.

Talk to people in your area re recommendation for a reputable agent and start the process again.

Kind regards

Ck

C

CkinTurkey

Is there someone renting the property at the moment? as this could possibly create a challenge to selling (you'll need to see the rental agreement to be sure)

I tried to send you a Pm but it doesn't allow me to as I'm a newbie to the forum.

I'd consider working with a new agent asap, one with agreement / contract that will take a deposit from the buyer and send it to you so you can then travel over on this money and be sure it's not a time waster and you're therefore actually going to get the sale done when your here.

Real estate services vary so much between area and even agent. I'm sorry that yours isn't a great experience.

Any queries I can help you do let me know, good luck ck

medseA

medseA

http://www.turkish-property-world.com
Hmm.. Something smells fishy here with the agent.

A power of attorney means the agent can sell your property and get the money for the sale.

Is this what you want.

There are loads of estate agents lined up in Mahmutlar, left and right. Visit a few of them and get an estimate or terms for selling your property, but definitely avoid agents who ask a power of attorney from you.