What is the best exit route for off-plans in Dubai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kk1974

kk1974

Hi

Could someone recommend the best exit route for off-plan properties? What kind of properties sell the best before completion? Where is the best to advertise them?

Also, how long would you recommend to wait before selling?

Thank you.

Kana

alexft

alexft

Kana,

First ask your neighbor if he want to invest and sell to him :D

That would be the easiest way to exit.

The rest depends. What is your budget and time frame? What return will you consider a good one?

Regards,

Alex.

kk1974

kk1974

Kana,

First ask your neighbor if he want to invest and sell to him :D

That would be the easiest way to exit.

The rest depends. What is your budget and time frame? What return will you consider a good one?

Regards,

Alex.
Well, since both the time factor and the appreciation equally impact on the ultimate level of returns, there must be some balance.

To get the property moving quickly, there must be an incentive for a buyer in the form of a discount.

That brings up two important questions - what is the timeline that will give you enough of appreciation to be able to give attractive discount that will shift the property quickly?

What was the average appreciation over last year in Dubai?
What are the purchase and sale costs expressed in percentage of the property value?

Providing that I can finance all the properties at 70%, 15-20% p/a on the total value of property should give me a worthwhile return on the capital, provided that purchase/sale costs are not big.

What do you guys think? I'm I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.