ad

What is more important, the house or the area?

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
We all have our very own distinct opinions on property investment, what makes a good property and what makes a good area. However, I would be interested to know when looking at a property investment what is the most important element for you, the actual house or the area in which it is situated?

There are many positives and negatives for each of these particular arguments, which one is your preference?

L

LucasDrape22

The area is more important that the house. In real estate property, location is very important and considered first. You can always replace and rebuild the house but you cannot change the area.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
I agree that the area is most important. There are a lot of things you can do to improve a property but if its in a bad area you cannot change that.

D

darrenpropertyinvestor

This question depends on strategy. It took me nine years to refine my investment model which involves turning smaller houses into HMOs for professionals. The house layout is vital and so too is tenant demand, therefore both area and house are important. If I had a gun to my head and had to choose one then I would have to choose area - but my buying checklist is as long as my arm!

W

Winecountry

Area is more important for everyone. Because house can build again if we don't like it but area remain same. Especially who have little children.

J

JenniferKelly

The Area is one of the top most important factor, which need to be considered while thinking for an investment in real estate.

If the locality is not good, then there is no question of buying a home in that place. Even the price of property or house/flat/apartment in such area is low as compared to the other areas as people don't feel safe to buy in area, which is not safe or where the environment is not good.

B

Bindu9

We should give more importance for area than house....

L

loribarnaby

The house is an asset that produces income through rents. The area determines the rental amount and the type of tenant you will get in your property. I’d suggest to buy a well-renovated property in a sustainable area that will attract a better quality tenant and give you the best real estate investment.