What is happing with common area service charges in 2nd year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

irf77

Hi all, i have a 1 bed room flat in morraco, first year a company via tamweel or nakheel charged me 8 K dhs,

i was expecting someone to knock my door in 2nd year but no one has yet its been over for few months, i know that the area inside my flat is my responsbility but who is taking care of common areas, e.g. if there is problem with lift? please update

R

Razneer

I havent heard anything about the service charge either. I am guessing that they still have a pot of money from the first year which remains unspent which is why they arent "knocking".

Z

zombie

They came to me now to take service charges for my flats in Italy for Mar 2008 to Feb 2009, On the pretext of giving me my title deeds. Average price of 10 dhs per sq ft. was going to give them a huge surplus anyways

J

jwayne592

I have had this e-mail from Nakheel regarding the Service Charge;

Dear International City Unit Owner,
Preliminary Notice: Distribution of Service Charge invoices
Please be advised that Service Charge invoices for maintaining your building and the International City Master Community for the year 1st April 2008 to 31st March 2009 will be issued shortly.
The invoices will be issued to this email address and to the postal address that you have notified as your address for service of notices upon transfer of the property to you. If you have changed your address for notices, please contact us to provide the updated information.
You will have 30 days to pay the Service Charge invoice once it has been issued to you.
In accordance with the Sales & Purchase Agreement, Service Charges will not be increased by more than 10% from the rate charged in the year to 31st March 2008.
Yours sincerely,
Nakheel Asset Management

What I'd like to know why it's for the past year when I've already paid the full years service charge to the building owner when I collected the keys in March 2008. What has happened to this money I've already paid? Anyone else in the same position or cam advise.

Z

zombie

I got the same email, these guys are just waking up, besides I believe from the 3rd year after the handover, the individual buildings have to form independent associations & a fee has to be paid to NAM for maintenance of external areas, just wait & see the chaos that ensues as most unit owners are nowhere to be found when it come time to pay their maintenance fees. Also one cannot legally cut off their DEWA connection as they have been leased out & it is a violation of tenants rights.

As some one used to say " Another fine mess you've got me into "

B

BobbytheBuilder

Unit owners should refuse to pay the service charge until the title deeds arrive.

Z

zombie

Easier said than done, Nakheel BTW has given us almost 9 months of credit to pay the service charges for the current year, & as per our PSA the unit owner is liable to pay all such service charges on receipt of notice.

Besides when you bought the unit regardless of when & regardless of Current Value of your investment you knew you had to pay these charges(agreed when they sold it they kept saying that it will be more near the 3-4 Dhs/sq ft, rather than the 9-13 Dhs/sq ft. that they charged at the end.

B

BobbytheBuilder

Easier said than done, Nakheel BTW has given us almost 9 months of credit to pay the service charges for the current year, & as per our PSA the unit owner is liable to pay all such service charges on receipt of notice.

Besides when you bought the unit regardless of when & regardless of Current Value of your investment you knew you had to pay these charges(agreed when they sold it they kept saying that it will be more near the 3-4 Dhs/sq ft, rather than the 9-13 Dhs/sq ft. that they charged at the end.

I think you totally missed my point. I would happily pay the 9 months interest if they processed the title deeds. I have got no problem paying the maintence charge, I just want my title deeds so I can sell the apartment.

J

jwayne592

My problem is that I paid my building owner 5000AED for the service charge for the year ahead i.e. April 2008 - April 2009 and I'm now being told by Nakheel that this period is to be paid now. So if this is the case what has my building owner done with the 5000AED I already paid last year. Not happy

Z

zombie

The best way to know about title deeds status is from Nakheel themselves, email them on [email protected].

The point you are not getting is that till now dealing with Nakheel for these issues(Albeit its your birthright to demand for the Title deeds) has been like hitting your head against the rock of Gibraltar, the more you do it, the more it hurts you. Now hopefully the situation will change, but I don't think that much.

B

BobbytheBuilder

The best way to know about title deeds status is from Nakheel themselves, email them on [email protected].

The point you are not getting is that till now dealing with Nakheel for these issues(Albeit its your birthright to demand for the Title deeds) has been like hitting your head against the rock of Gibraltar, the more you do it, the more it hurts you. Now hopefully the situation will change, but I don't think that much.

The apartment I own was handed over 18 months ago and it was 6 months late in being finished. Its not like the apartment was finished 2 months ago and I am demanding the title deeds. It totally unacceptable to still be waiting 18 months after it was handed over.

Z

zombie

Same here buddy, am still waiting on those title deeds, like I said breaking my head on the rock of gibraltar

B

BobbytheBuilder

Same here buddy, am still waiting on those title deeds, like I said breaking my head on the rock of gibraltar
There must be a way to speed this process up. I thought there had been an Goverment advertising campaign in dubai to notify everybody that all property needs to be registered at the Land Department.

I

investor_from_uk

Maintenance Charges

Guys,

Just an update. I called up Nakheel Asset Management last week and was told that they are in the process of finalising the invoices for maintenance charges and they should start posting them in a couple of weeks.

Regards

A

aveshbachav

the below is the e-mail i received from nakheel a few days back, it was lying in my junk mail unfortunately. Thank God, I spotted it

"Nakheel Asset Management

PO Box 262333 Dubai, United Arab Emirates T +971 4 800 6267 F +971 4 362 8147 nakheel.com

8 January 2009

Please be advised that Service Charge invoices for maintaining your building and the International City Master Community for the financial year end will be issued shortly.

The invoices will be issued to this email address and to the postal address that you have notified as your address for service of notices upon transfer of the property to you. If you have changed your address for notices, please contact us to provide the updated information.

We are please to advise that despite costs rising in excess of 25% over the past year, Service Charges will not be increased by more than 10% from the rate charged in the year to 31st March 2008.

Yours sincerely,

Nakheel Asset Management

I

investor_from_uk

the below is the e-mail i received from nakheel a few days back, it was lying in my junk mail unfortunately. Thank God, I spotted it

"Nakheel Asset Management

PO Box 262333 Dubai, United Arab Emirates T +971 4 800 6267 F +971 4 362 8147 nakheel.com

8 January 2009

Please be advised that Service Charge invoices for maintaining your building and the International City Master Community for the financial year end will be issued shortly.

We are please to advise that despite costs rising in excess of 25% over the past year, Service Charges will not be increased by more than 10% from the rate charged in the year to 31st March 2008.

Yours sincerely,

Nakheel Asset Management
Has anyone received his/her invoice yet?

A

anil

did anyone pay the service charge?

did you use the ePayments webite?

In particular, did anyone pay from UK like this, or is it best to just SWIFT transfer the funds?

A

alden

did anyone pay the service charge?

did you use the ePayments webite?

In particular, did anyone pay from UK like this, or is it best to just SWIFT transfer the funds?
we have recieved our service charge and have paid by epayment, it seems very straightforward and user friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.