What about Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MichelleAlison

I am living in Mar del Plata, 250 miles south of Buenos Aires on the Atlantic Ocean. During this past year, I have been busy buying properties and have seen a good return on them. Properties start from 12,000 pounds for a studio apartment in the centre of town, with the most expensive property on the market at the moment being 150,000 pounds for which you get a 5 bed/5 bath detached house with swimming pool and maid quarters.

Properties will remain good value here because mortgages are almost non-existant. When mortgages arrive, everything will change, but nobody knows when, but when it does happen, property prices will rise drastically.

If anybody would like any further information, please PM me :D

Michelle

M

Mariab

Dear Michelle,
The mortgages don' exist because thei interest rates are constantly fluctating due to inflation. On the other hand, if you get a mortgage you have to be argentinian and they give you 14 years but the amount doesn't matter. Nevertheless, Argentina has good investment oportunities for cash buyers that can reduce the price in a 30% which is almost the legal cost for buying a property. It is recommendable to hire a lawyer as many properties were bougth by a private contract and by law the public title deed can be sign at any time.
On the other hand, developers doesn't give any kind of guarantee for snagging list!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.