What about an office in your garden?

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
More people are now looking to work from home and while there are opportunities to work indoors, albeit with some potential disruption from other members of the household, what about an office in your garden? The number of eye-catching offices/sheds is enormous and whatever your budget there will certainly be something for you.

Is this a practical option for those looking to work from home?

George79

George79

Placing the container in the garden and creating office in it can be cool solution :D

J-Nevil

J-Nevil

I definitely think it can be a great idea, especially for those who work at home full time. I'm of the opinion that if you have your work and family life in the same space then it can be harder for you to be fully focused when you are working.

Having an office in the garden can help because as you leave the house it allows you to distinguish the difference between work and home life which will allow you to get into the right mindset for work

N

nmb

I think you have hit the nail on the head as working from home can make it difficult to distinguish between your family life and working life. However, an office in the garden away from your home allows you to separate these two very different areas of your life. It also gives you some peace and quiet from those in the house!

E

Ed_P

I think that this could work in a warmer climate but am not sure the point of it in the UK?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Actually if the building is insulated and has heating it works very well. I have several friends in the UK who work from garden offices.

L

lookinginvest

I know a number of people who work from offices in their gardens which are effectively like a small home with insulation, heating ,etc. There are some very good offers available on wooden/fabricated garden offices although there are some downsides to working from home as mentioned above.