Water shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobmurdy

Hi, I have a small property (farm) near Trancoso which I purchased a couple of years ago. When I bought the propperty it had a small stream running through it (sourced from surface water and underground stream) that provided water to a concrete storage tank via a number of control taps.

This year on my visits I have noticed that the stream is nothing more than a trickle which means my supply is very small and the the landowner beneath me is not receiving a supply at all (water absorbed by land before it reaches him). As it is a very rural area (there is only 1 other property higher up the valley than myself) I find it hard to believe that this farmer has somehow closed off the water?

A recent check on the river in the bottom of the valley (that all the streams normally flow to) has about 3-4" of water in when it would normally have about 3-4'.

My question is does anyone have any experience of small borehole/well drilling companies or the use of water diviners? Are there any restrictons on the use of above surface storage tanks?

Bob

M

Magellan

There are laws regulating where you can drill a borehole, but looking around it seems they are widely ignored. I'd ask around in the nearest town - someone will undoubtedly know someone who can drill a poço.

Status
Not open for further replies.