Water meters in Hurghada

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave99

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a domestic water meter for an apartment in Hurghada.
Also where would you buy the meter and who would be allowed to fit it.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Doubt if the cost differs much but I paid 2300le for supply and fit of both water and electricity meters in my apartment in Sharm - some say Sharm is dearer so this will give you an idea.

My developer supplied and fitted both.

D

dave99

Meter costs

Is that 2300le each or for both.

Do you know the cost of the water meter specifically since we already have electric meters for owners.

Doubt if the cost differs much but I paid 2300le for supply and fit of both water and electricity meters in my apartment in Sharm - some say Sharm is dearer so this will give you an idea.

My developer supplied and fitted both.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi that was for both- I will try and dig out the paperwork for them. I know some paid extra ' Insurance ' of 1000le for water meter - refundable on selling - on top of 2300 - our elec meters are pay as u go on top up card and we paid an extra 500/600 le ( credit added to the meter ) so total was nearly 4000le if that helps

D

dave99

Thanks

Thanks for trying to help but it seems that you have a very different arrangement.

Hi that was for both- I will try and dig out the paperwork for them. I know some paid extra ' Insurance ' of 1000le for water meter - refundable on selling - on top of 2300 - our elec meters are pay as u go on top up card and we paid an extra 500/600 le ( credit added to the meter ) so total was nearly 4000le if that helps

queenie40something

queenie40something

Our meters have been fitted but they are not like the the elec ones and are not pay as you go. They are dialled meters and they are read on a regular basis and fitted to each apartment. As far as I m concerned they cannot be tapped into either. But the developer sets the charge for the water charge and we get a knock on the door to pay the bill.

This is probably a different arrangement to what you are looking for and I dont know where you could buy direct but will try and make some enquiries to assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.