Wanted. Cyprus resale properties for our website.

Discussion in 'Cyprus Property' started by Veronica, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Veronica

Veronica Administrator

Resale properties needed for our Cyprus website. We are a licenced agent with a good website and are now short of good properties for our clients.
    Contact us on [email protected].

2. diyhelp

diyhelp Active Member

What kind of properties are you looking for? Price range, etc?

3. Veronica

Veronica Administrator

Anything at all, but it is the 200K -300K range we are most in need of. We don't accept resales without title deeds or at least an AX number.

4. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Administrator

Where is the demand coming from? I seem to remember the Russians and Chinese have been big in Cyprus real estate?

5. Veronica

Veronica Administrator

The Russians and Chinese are buying new builds direct from the developers in order to get permanent residence. The Chinese especially are being ripped of big style by their own countrymen agents who demand huge commissions from the developers so Chinese are paying well over the odds for very small houses that are often so close to each other you can touch your neighbours house.

Many of our clients are now coming from the middle east and also some from the USA. Many Americans are now buying for citizenship/Cyprus passports and they have to invest over 2 million euros for that.
    British clients mostly buy resales but demand full title deeds to be in place.

6. realdeals

realdeals Active Member

After the issues with title deeds in the past I am not surprised they are demanding the paperwork is in place.

7. Veronica

Veronica Administrator

I agree, it was a fiasco but it has been largely sorted out with owners who have paid at least 80% of the purchase price being entitled to apply for their title deeds even if the developer has gone bust. The backlog in the land registry has also been lessened so it doesn't take nearly as long to get them.

8. diyhelp

diyhelp Active Member

Veronica, do you think the dark cloud the title deed issue cast over the sector is still impacting sentiment towards Cyprus property? I appreciate it is being resolved but it was a major issue for many people and does not receive much press coverage in the UK.

9. Veronica

Veronica Administrator

Yes I think that it is still affecting the market. Although the situation is much improved people are still cautious and I suspect it will be a long time before the spectre of the title deed fiasco fades from peoples memories.

10. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Administrator

This could be an interesting window of opportunity if the market has changed but people aren't yet fully aware? When the penny finally drops the markets should hopefully move higher?

11. Veronica

Veronica Administrator

For the past few years many UK retirees have been renting rather than buying when they first arrive because of the title deeds issue but now many of them are starting to look at buying rather than continuing to rent. So you could be right that the market could be on t he move upward.

12. Looking at the fall in the value of Sterling against the Euro in light of Brexit it has been nowhere near the fall in Sterling against the Dollar. I would guess that the consequences of the Brexit vote last year have had little or no impact on overseas investment in the Cyprus property market?