Want to invest in Morroco Advice Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buy Low Sell High

Hi Soup, thanks for the tips. So if I understand, the SIPP-ability is due to the property being a commercial one first and not strictly residential? So, if I didn't use the property personally I guess it's ok for a SIPP.

P

prolan

property development in Morocco: Joint venture opportunity

Dear All,

We are a group set up to attract like minded people with the aim to be active in the land acquisition and property development market to deliver predictable, sizeable and consistent Returns on Investment.

After months of research we have now finally come up with great investment opportunities in property developments in Morocco.

We are in the process of securing land in Marrakech (16 acres),on the Atlantic coast (60 acres) and on the coast in Northern Morocco (4 acres).

We are now looking for TIER 1 investment to start the property developments. Returns are very attractive between 180% and 200% over 3 years.

We can of course also cater for people who want us to build their dream villa on one of our developments.

For more details see: prolan-invest.com/thescheme22

or contact us at: [email protected]

Kind regards,
Christian

S

Sunnyshores

To answer ADAA I got my money back from Tanjah/Dreamworld and so have other investors I was in touch with, all through different agents - I wasnt even asked for a reason.
I would go directly to Dreamworld and ascertain whether they did actually receive your deposit in the first place. Then you will know who to get onto.

N

nickproject

What an interesting thread, great to hear from likeminded people

N

nolan

there area welath of sites for moroccan property,but mostly selling the same product

S

Sunnyshores

theres an active Marrakesh thread, try posting the details there.

MoroccanMortgages

MoroccanMortgages

Dear Agents,

Dont forget to advise your clients on Mortgages in Morocco, very competative currently 4.64%.

We are dealing with all the major banks and helping clients complete.

Happy to offer any advice

Regards
Jeff Scott
Moroccan Mortgage Alliance

K

Karie

Places near sea continue to be the most attractive for investment on propertys in Morocco. Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nolan

marrakech,fez and casablanca still draw the real investor money!!

N

nolan

can any one tell me the best value property in marrakech at the moment?

S

Sunnyshores

Nolan,

personally I dont think Marrakesh is more expensive then some of the developments that are appearing throughout Morocco. But if it is, assuming the build costs throughout the country are much the same, presumably land is more expensive (and scarce) in marrakesh than in say Northern coastal resorts.

I think the key to investing in Morocco (or anywhere else for that matter) is making sure you buy a quality product. I have seen developments in Tangiers for under £40k, compared to say developments in Marrakesh mostly from £100k. My research suggested that the cheaper developments are due to a poorer build quality/finish.

Of course, then there are the ridiculously expensive developments all round morrocco like Al Houara near Tangiers and Domain L'Akhdar in marrakesh where villas are in the £millions. Quality definitley, but also location and brand name adds to the cost.

So, when you talk about expensive/cheap you have to be sure you're comparing like with like.

That said, I think Marrakesh developments should be more expensive - it is a proven market, a wealthier local population, an established tourist area, a capital city, cheap flights, frequent flights . . . .

M

manor park

Nolan

SS is correct for all the reasons she has given, Marrakech is still the number one tourist destination in Morocco. I am hoping that soon Tangiers (where I have bought) will rival this and summer destinations like Agadir. Even if they do, Marrakech will still be a massive draw for tourists and should quite rightly have a premium in property/land prices and very good rental potential.

You may not see the expected high gains of some resorts and areas but Marrakech is the safer option as long as a quality product is bought.

MP

N

nolan

can anyone recommend any good property in marrakech at the moment?

N

nolan

Nolan,

personally I dont think Marrakesh is more expensive then some of the developments that are appearing throughout Morocco. But if it is, assuming the build costs throughout the country are much the same, presumably land is more expensive (and scarce) in marrakesh than in say Northern coastal resorts.

I think the key to investing in Morocco (or anywhere else for that matter) is making sure you buy a quality product. I have seen developments in Tangiers for under £40k, compared to say developments in Marrakesh mostly from £100k. My research suggested that the cheaper developments are due to a poorer build quality/finish.

Of course, then there are the ridiculously expensive developments all round morrocco like Al Houara near Tangiers and Domain L'Akhdar in marrakesh where villas are in the £millions. Quality definitley, but also location and brand name adds to the cost.

So, when you talk about expensive/cheap you have to be sure you're comparing like with like.

That said, I think Marrakesh developments should be more expensive - it is a proven market, a wealthier local population, an established tourist area, a capital city, cheap flights, frequent flights . . . .
where would you suggest is a good place to buy in marrakech?

S

Sunnyshores

Nolan,

I'm not an agent and have no particular knowledge of individual areas and dont feeel qualified to offer any advice on particular developments. I think you have to decide what part of the market you want to be in, residential, short lets, holiday lets, personal use .... and also what is important to you as far as initial financing and then rental income.

There are many developments out there - some are cash up front, others that offer 2 year cash installments, and even a few that offer 70% mortgages. Purchase prices range from £60k to £ms, but £120-£150k should get you into most good quality developments.

Then there are various rental packages - guaranteed rents from 6-10%, for 2-9 years. Additional incentives include furniture, buy-back guarantees, pools.

My personal preference is rental guarantees. I have brought in other countries without this and to be honest although its proved mroe lucrative (say 15%) its proved extremley stressful at times.

Anyway - there is another thread "Marrakesh" that has some specific deals that people are looking at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.