Viva Reef development Nabq, Sharm

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dukes

Hi Jo

Our handover is not due until March 2011!! but by the sound of it all that will not be the case. After reading your message I decided to sign up to facebook and as you said there was some very interesting info on there, for instance I did not know that the project is two and a half months behind.

After reading about Damon's plight I wrote to Jeff Dickinson complaining about the lack of communication from PP and it seem that we are all in the same boat. He said that he would look into it. When we bought we were pleased with the way PP handled the sale, they were not too pushy with us but now we are really annoyed that we have to find out information from other buyers and not PP themselves.

With regards to the maintenance, what are they going to maintain, as you say it will be a building site for some time yet and we need to know what they are going to spend the money on.

What we are most angry about is that we have paid our instalments on time and only have the snagging payment to make and yet we will have to wait for our apartment.

Anyone, hope all goes well when you go on the 12th and look forward to hearing how you got on when you get back especially with the snagging. Hope the apartment is what you hoped for. Eileen & Dave

S

silverflame

Viva Reef

Hi all, ive been reading the posts and thought I would let you know how my apartment is coming along. I've got a 2 bedroom in block 1 and had an email from PP a month and half ago saying that the apartment is ready for handover even though our handover isnt due until Dec 2010! So thats 6 months early! We replied saying that we wish to do handover on the date thats stated in the contract. is it true about the late fees if you dont do the handover on time? does that mean im going to get charged because they finished early? I went to see the complex in April this year and looking at the photos today (added 3 days ago) they seem to be coming on really well! they've smoothed out the hotel walls which wasnt like that way in April and also the tiling on the floor is all done :) wats disappointing is that theyve decreased the amount of pools between the apartments, it was initially 3 pools between each strip and now its only 1 or 2.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
silverflame;133273]I've got a 2 bedroom in block 1 and had an email from P.P. a month and half ago saying that the apartment is ready for handover even though our handover isn't due until Dec. 2010! So thats 6 months early! We replied saying that we wish to do handover on the date thats stated in the contract. is it true about the late fees if you dont do the handover on time? does that mean im going to get charged because they finished early?

If you have not seen your apartment personally, ask someone to view it before you go. Make up to 5 posts and you can send private messages.

P.P. are needing money. Your unit may be constructed, but it will not be FINISHED.
Your final payment may be what is required to finish it but that can't be done satisfactorily in the days you visit. Especially as the development is far from finished so once you sign on handover you will be expected to pay the management and maintenance fees for 12 months. Even though you may have no services.

Stick to your December plan. Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sharmelsheikh

False Pretence!

Dear Alan

Could you please comment on what you called rouge agents and rouge sub-agents. It would also be helpful if you could enlighten the readers of this Forum about the so called Consultants who deceptively adopt "FALSE PRETENCE" policy to con investors and in the process make money. You will be aware that con agents will stop at nothing to swindle investors of their hard-earned-life savings money. These agents, as you know well, are there to deceive by claiming that their respective companies are BRITISH owned and managed. Therefore, they are professional, clean and straight forward and honest! What a farce! Perhaps it is fair to say that these agents and consultants-as they call themselves-are the main culprits responsible for the misfortune of the majority of investors who have been conned into buying properties in Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh. These rouge agents are always invariably hide behind the curtains of the internet, so nobody can deal with them “Face to Face”. They are intangible, you cannot see them or touch them; like the off plan properties. This is where the big con is. I can assure you that some of these agents are managed and run in a small closet under the stairs adjacent to the toilets of their homes. All what they need is a computer and a website. Who regulates these corrupt agents? They are all over the place in this Forum using different names and logos. They are very clever with the usage of the word to con and deceive innocent investors. Watch out the crooks are about to steal your money through false pretence.

silverflame;133273]I've got a 2 bedroom in block 1 and had an email from P.P. a month and half ago saying that the apartment is ready for handover even though our handover isn't due until Dec. 2010! So thats 6 months early! We replied saying that we wish to do handover on the date thats stated in the contract. is it true about the late fees if you dont do the handover on time? does that mean im going to get charged because they finished early?

If you have not seen your apartment personally, ask someone to view it before you go. Make up to 5 posts and you can send private messages.

P.P. are needing money. Your unit may be constructed, but it will not be FINISHED.
Your final payment may be what is required to finish it but that can't be done satisfactorily in the days you visit. Especially as the development is far from finished so once you sign on handover you will be expected to pay the management and maintenance fees for 12 months. Even though you may have no services.

Stick to your December plan. Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.<snip>

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
As I read the question "define rogue agent" I come to the conclusion that it means person or persons who have deceived or taken money by false pretences and do not fulfil their obligations.

Whether British or otherwise, Agent, Developer or Landowner, it is their intentions not to finish what they started because they have no conscience about what they are doing or have done.
It is a human trait I'm afraid.... Possibly done as a means of surviving but it's cheating and clearly not in everyone's interest, or is it a way of life for most.

So people fall into their traps. They take hype and brochures for granted. They expect villas for what clearly are cupboards.... If they had only checked in the beginning.
As you say, "Off-Plan" is really a risk; sometimes worth taking at early-entry prices. But to some it wasn't a worthwhile risk and now try to pick up the pieces of a mistake people often make in life.

Mistakes are made by everyone, Presidents, Prime Ministers and tourists alike; it takes a brave man to challenge them, or they can accept them and move on and try not to do it again. Investing life-savings should be done with extreme caution. Some threw caution to the wind, even doing direct deals behind the agent's back to save money. That proved useless didn't it?

As it stands, Egyptian residential projects have not been totally honest with buyers and their agents. It was easy for some agents to cancel working contracts and leave customers in the proverbial.... Hurghada is also proving a minefield and it will be a mammoth task to turn it around.

Fortunately some agents and lawyers are more dependable and won't be running away from responsibilities and sleep well at nights with clear consciences.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.