Viva Reef development Nabq, Sharm

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jojo

hi queenie

It is so easy to get swept up in the whole buying abroad love affair and so easy to forget about the practicalities. So thanks for highlighting some of them, im sure you have lots of useful advice for all us vivas who are getting ready for 2010. The fact that my apartment is a ground floor apartment has worried me slightly regarding security so i will probably do what you have done with the window locks and keys etc. I think that the way of life there and the ways in which the egyptians work needs to be respected by us brits and learn that the way we deal with things in the uk aren't necessarily the best way to deal with things in egypt but i can imagine it can get frustrating when it is affecting you.
Do you live out there now or use it for frequent holidaying?

jo

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi no I dont live out there at the moment but try to go out as much as I can - 6 times a year if I can x

D

dukes

Hi all Viva Reefers

Have you all looked at the PP website at the new photos. They are getting on well, great colours, but what blocks are we looking at? Can anyone tell me, I have emailed PP three times to have the photos labelled properly, any thoughts!!

Regards to all

Eileen & Dave

Queenie - thanks for the info - I am making notes already

O

Odd-bod

Hi Eileen & Dave,

The developer doesn't help with the amount of number changes but according to the current website layout, I think:

Pictures no 1&37 = the backs of the strip containing 1-4 looking away from the hotel in 1.
no 6= 5-7; no 8= the front of 5-9 &17-20 with the back of 15; no13= 1-4 (includes the showhouse); no14= 1;
the buildings coloured at the front are the un numbered block from building 10 as you can see the hotel in the background.
no25= unfinished 15 & whatever no is in front of it.

They are not in chronological order as there some before they started the painting.

I will be in sharm the first 2 weeks in dec so will post some when I get back- it will be less confusing!

Audrey

D

dukes

Hi Audrey

Thanks for the info, some pics would be great, we have bought in block 12 No. 3, first floor 1 bed.

Regards

Eileen & Dave Duke

J

jojo

Hello fellow viva reefers

You probably have had the email from Karen at Pioneer regardging the new property tax law and that the tax forms need to be returned by 31st Dec. There is another thread on this site titled- New Property Tax Law - that has some interesting information on it regarding this new tax if you want to check it out.
From what it seems from other members who have gone through the process the forms that need to be returned are for those with properties that have already been handed over. As our complex is still under construction and none of us have had handover yet then it shouldnt apply to us yet. However, Karen from Pioneer is having a meeting next week on the subject so we should get something concrete to go off soon. Personally I dont think it is anything we need to be worrying too much about. From what other members have said they need to submit tax forms which are made up of tick boxes and the name and address of the owner in arabic and english. The photo page of your passport and a copy of our contracts need attaching and submitting to one of the tax offices in Egypt. Queenie has messaged to say that her development agency(i think) has done it all for them free of charge so if it comes out that we do need to submit these forms by the 31st Dec then Pioneer have all this information in their records so they should do this for us all...hopefully!

Still cant wait for the apartments to be ready, bring on 2010 it seems much closer then!!!

Jo

O

Odd-bod

Hi Audrey

Thanks for the info, some pics would be great, we have bought in block 12 No. 3, first floor 1 bed.

Regards

Eileen & Dave Duke
Hi folks

My spare room looks onto to your apartment so these are some photos. I didn't go around to the front of the building as they was a lot of activity there - as you can see its up but quite a way to go.
Mine is looking good floors & bathroom tiled & I last saw it in January 2009 when the building was only at the level of the first floor, so they can move fast. They also had started marking out the swimming pool outlines in front of my building (no 8).
Looking good for 2010 hopefully no long delays that others seem to have had.

Audrey

Attachments

T

trebor1

Developer of Viva reef

Hi - I am interested in the viva reff complex - does anyone know who the developer is?

Thanks

O

Odd-bod

Hi Trebor,

I have heard people at Pioneer Properties who are the agents for the development call him 'Nagreeb', I presume that is his first name and in the contract there is a Nageeb Aly EL Esawy Atwa & a partner is mentioned Abdel Hamid Mahmoud Esawy.
Apparently he built phase 3 of the Roman theatre & finished EARLY which from other threads posted re the time delay in finishing properties is amazing.

Audrey

D

dukes

Hi Audrey

Thank you so much for the photos, it means so much to us to know how it is coming along and we are very pleased with the progress. When we put down the deposit it was only a concrete pad.

I expect you are getting quite excited about your own apartment now and planning the interior. We shall be out on the 2nd March for a week so we will be able to see the progress.

What did PP have to say about the project and what questions did you ask them whilst you were there?

A Happy New Year to you and once again thank you very much for your kindness.

Eileen & Dave Duke

P

pammy

jojo

Dear JoJo

i have just come accross this forum! and wish i had found it earlier. we have also bought at Viva Reef and are due to complete in May2010... we have felt very nervous throughout even though things have gone resonably smoothly and it would have been good to chat to others in the same situation.

we have just returned from Sharm and visited the site, i must say i am not convinced that it is going to be completed on time, although PP have assurred us our apartment will be finished in May!!!!! we must be going to be one of the first to complete so it may be useful for us all t keep in touch so we can let others know how things are progressing. We are planning to go back in May as we have to go and sign papers and do the snagging. very excited but slightly aprehensive. i noticed someone called Damon 36 mentioned he was going to set up a discussion gruop on facebook but i couldnt find anything. do you know if this happened, as Damon seems to have gone quite on this forum. like you we are into diving and love the red sea, it would be good to meet everyone when we all complete.

grateful for a response

regards

pam and brian

Hi Carl / Dawn

No we dont have any kids yet but hopefully by 2011 we should have a little one to start thinking about. We decided against egypt for our honeymoon as we know that once the apartment is habitable that will be our holiday destination sorted for years to come! So were off to St Lucia for the honeymoon and hope to do quite a bit of diving out there and get the practice in before we hit the red sea again. I agree about new years party we will be out there for 2010 with the family. We were told that the hotel would take an extra year to complete after handover, whether that meant after all the apartments were complete or whether they were referring to 1 year after our handover date im not sure. But i think the same about the pools i think the pools and the lanscaping will all be done once the buuilding work has all been finished. At least the beach isnt too far away! The self catering hotel is good news i think, theres a lot of brits who will still only go self catering especially families which can only be good for prospective rental of our apartments.

Jo

O

Odd-bod

Hi Pam & Brian,

What no have you bought ?- I have 8/6 but its not due to be handed over for another year. There was a lot of work going on when I was there in December but the site did not look ready by any means and even if your apartment is finished the other apartments in your block will definitely not be.

I have another holiday planned for 29th April-12th May will you be there for handover, if not I will have a recky for you & report back. I dive as well its so much easier there isn't it.

Darren has indeed set up a page on facebook & takes his handover around the same time as you, although in dec his apartment was still a shell. If you type in viva reef egypt in the search box on the top right hand corner it'll take you to the page & there is a link to another forum there but there is not a lot on that at present, we haven't had any problems as yet but I am sure, as the handovers approach, that will change!
You can add me as a friend & then I can put you in contact with damon- I won't be able to PM you as yet.

Audrey Wood
(Glasgow)

O

Odd-bod

New pictures were posted yesterday on Pioneer Property website Have you all seen them- no more yellow & brown!!

A

D

dukes

Hi everyone

We will going to VR on 2nd March for a week and will be taking loads of pics and asking loads of questions. Has anyone got anything in particular they would like us to ask.

Regards

Eileen & Dave Duke
VR 12 - 3 (March 2011)

O

Odd-bod

Nothing specific I can think of at the moment, if you find out anything interesting please post it. I am over for 2 weeks at the beginning of May.

Audrey

J

jojo

Hi Pam / Brian

We have bought apartment 3 / 2 and are due to complete in august. My sister went out in january for a holiday out there and did a video of the apartment for us. There is one of the reps from PP showing her around and says that the blocks in phase 1 should be completed on time althought the rest of the complex won't be completed at that point. What they are planning on doing is to make the adjacent blocks and the hotel ''appear' to be finished so that if people are using their apartments they aren't looking out onto a building site. Again it's like you said until the first lot of handovers are done its going to be hard to know what will happen with them being ready. I hope they are ok to live in i've just booked my flights for xmas to stay in them! By the way we got flights with Thomson going oout on the 17th dec and returning on the 4th or 7th jan for £250pp, booking 1 day later rockets the prices up to nearly £600pp!!!.We know there it isnt going to be a 'complex' ready by then but at least its a place to stay and we can spend some time in it sorting it out and doing bits of DIY etc. The beach is always there for the daytime and the fish in the sea are always available.
I think we all need to share what experiences we are having a become a viva reef owners club so that we aren't trying to deal with everything individually. Have you submitted your property tax form yet? I know the deadline is the end of march for submission and the pp lawyers are charging 500egp to do it for us.
If anyone wants the video emailing across i can sort this out if you PM me, or i will try and post the video if possible (not sure if i can or not).
What are you doing for furniture? Thats the next thing i want to start sorting out.
I too am still a bit apprehensive, like you say it all seems to smooth so far, but we only hear what we are told by people making money off us so until the handovers start i suppose we just have to sit it out and keep our fingers crossed!!

Nice to hear from you.

Jo and John

Dear JoJo

i have just come accross this forum! and wish i had found it earlier. we have also bought at Viva Reef and are due to complete in May2010... we have felt very nervous throughout even though things have gone resonably smoothly and it would have been good to chat to others in the same situation.

we have just returned from Sharm and visited the site, i must say i am not convinced that it is going to be completed on time, although PP have assurred us our apartment will be finished in May!!!!! we must be going to be one of the first to complete so it may be useful for us all t keep in touch so we can let others know how things are progressing. We are planning to go back in May as we have to go and sign papers and do the snagging. very excited but slightly aprehensive. i noticed someone called Damon 36 mentioned he was going to set up a discussion gruop on facebook but i couldnt find anything. do you know if this happened, as Damon seems to have gone quite on this forum. like you we are into diving and love the red sea, it would be good to meet everyone when we all complete.

grateful for a response

regards

pam and brian

Last edited:
D

dukes

Hi Pam & Brian

Damon has a website Home - Viva Reef Apartments, just click on the forum page. Returned from Sharm on the 9 March. Everything is on schedule. We are in block 12 no. 3 due to complete March 2011. Our apartment is just a shell at the moment but we were very pleased to see the electrics and plumbing installed.

PP said that the apartments were going to be finished before the hotel, they are still in negotiations for a buyer.

We stayed in the Jaz Mirabel hotel which is directly opposite the project.

With regards to the property tax PP told us that we do not have to do anything about this until all payments have been made and the amount is very small, at the moment anyway.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Regards

Eileen & Dave

D

dukes

Web site is vivareefapartments.com, it hasn't come out correctly in the first message.

Dukes

D

dukes

Hi everyone

Has anyone had a handover yet and if so how did the snagging go. Also if your handover was late were you given the 3000 EP per month as in the contract.

Dukes

J

jojo

Hi Dukes

I am going out on the 12th August to do the handover. Ive not heard from anyone yet about their handover. I am hiring Neil Duffy to do the snagging process before i get out there so i should be able to take handover in the 4 days i have there! Do you have any thoughts about what we should do with regards to maintenance fees? I have been told we have to pay the 1st years maintenance fee on acceptance of the property but i dont think we hould be paying for services that wont be in place while the it is still a building site and will be for the next year or so. Have you joined the viva reef facebook group there some interesting things on there.
When is your handover due?
Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.