Viva Reef development Nabq, Sharm

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dukes

Hi everyone

Have had a long conversation with PP. At the moment there are no takers for the hotel. They did tell me that it will be a self catering hotel, the first of its kind in Egypt.

They said the development is going very well and the first handover is expected in May 2010.

Have booked to stay in the Jaz Mirabel hotel for a week from 2nd March, this hotel is apparently right near to the development.

I also sent an email to Marketing Department saying that the photos are great but we do not know what blocks we are looking at, they promised me that they will label them next time.

Regards to all

Eileen & Dave Duke

queenie40something

queenie40something

hi - the jaz is a lovely hotel and is at the far end of nabq with a lovely beach - see here to give you an idea http://www.sharm-realestate.com/img/nabq-bay-large.jpg
although it is not on the map it is near to albatross
just back from nabq - tgi and hard rock still not open but lots others opening such as el masrien, onions, italian etc

D

dukes

Hi Queenie

Thank you for the info. We looked on google earth to see where the hotel was. Pleased to hear that the area is opening up.

Can't wait to go in March. We are in France at the moment and have been here since April, then we are off to Spain for the winter and then back to England in February for a few weeks and then back to France, we are have an exciting time at the moment. Can't wait to add Egypt to our travels. It is just great being retired!!

Regards

Eileen & Dave Duke

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi eileen - sounds fab

Nabq is really coming along, new bar opened by lti grand azure, st georges moved from jasmine to a lovely new bar over the road, nice public beach opened near to you with beach bar selling food.
Outside Jasmine centre has been paved, smartened up with new car parking.
The Peking is fab and always busy.
How long are you out for in March? Is it for the week or longer? I will be there end April / May
Flying back Boxing day for New Year x

D

dukes

Hi Queenie

We are only going for a week just to see how the apartment is coming along and ask a few more questions. We are currently in Spain in our caravan until February then we will drive back to England to fly off to Sharm.

Regards

Eileen & Dave

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Eileen and Dave

If I get chance and find Viva I will try and take some pics for you in December x

J

jojo

hi jojo
do you intend on living in your appartment or just for rentals we cant decide yet.when finished we all need to get together and celebrate we are hoping to move to sharm soon,sorry our names are carl & dawn ps karen has become a good friend of ours shes a good un.
Hi carl and dawn

We are going to rent it out but just to family and friends at first then we'll see how things go. We've mainly bought it for us to use but any rental income will help to pay maintenance fees, apart from that were not looking to profit from having the partment. We would rather it stay in good condition and not become a stress worrying about people we dont know abusing it. One thing we were thinking of though is to potentially rent it out to groups of divers or golfers. We are both into our diving (padi in sharm and fell in love with both diving and sharm). We have our handover date for august 2010 so we can only go out then for handover. We would love to go out earlier but its just not possible with saving for the wedding. The plan is to go out and do the handover and sort the furniture out for it. After that we are hoping to take family out there to celebrate xmas and new year 2010. Both of us would love to move out there for 6 months but we are both still working and hoping to start a family after getting married. We'll just have to see how things pan out for us. Can't believe its been 18months since buying the place it has gone so quickbut it still feels like a million miles away. Totally agree on having celebratory drinks when we're finally in. Party at our place! then yours and odd bods and damons......!!!!

J

jojo

Hi Bob, Carl & Dawn

Great news that block 12 is up, can't wait to go next March.

Just wondered if you have been told when you have to start the legal stuff.

Eileen & Dave Duke
Hi fellow vivas

Just thought i would copy in a response i got from karen at pp regarding the legal procedures that we need to do. I was a bit worried about getting over before the handover date and when we had to the legal stuff and this was her response; -

"The only thing you need to do is go to El Tur and arrange your Power of
Attorney with the lawyers and get your residence visa but that can be nearer
the time of delivery.

The lawyers will register all your papers in the court so you can get your
title deeds but that does not happen until the apartment is paid off in
full.

You will receive from our construction department a handover procedure
letter and you will snag your apartment to say you are happy with it when it
is time for delivery."

It doesn't detail exact schedule of when things are to be done by but it put my mind at rest a bit and im sure closer tohandover time we will start getting more detailed info on what we need to do.

Jo

O

Odd-bod

hi JoJo,

I am out on the 29th Nov so I'll get plenty of photos. It was planned that I would go to El Tur to get the POA transferred this time out, but I had been thinking that it would be too soon for me (I delayed if you remember for 3 months because of the currency) I may make it out again at the end of next year- Flyglobespan are doing very cheap flights for Glasgow-Sharm- I got my friend's for £205.
Hope your plans are going well for the wedding

Audrey

B

bob69013

hi jojo
our handover date is october 2010 this is when the appartment will be ready but i dont think the whole resort will be ie the hotel and maybe the swimming pools i have a feeling it will be all complete mid 2011 this is only my thougt i could be wrong.do you have children if not i could not think of a better place to fetch kids up they have excellent schools there i wish my daughter was still young i would have moved over there without a thought its a great place.we have just come back and we are ertuning in december for the new year partys. waste of time in england.when do you get married you should have your honeymoon in sharm.we will be living there in mid 2011 when our daughter finishes college then she will be 18 she make up her own mind what to do herself.we cant decide on what to do with ours yet as i am waiting to find out who takes the hotel (graet business oppertunities with self catering hotels) carl & dawn

D

dukes

Hello Carl and Dawn (sorry it should have read JoJo)

Thanks for the info it has made up our made not to do POA when we go in March but wait a bit longer.

We are both retired and are hoping to spend three months in the winter at VR. We have to wait a bit longer than yourselves so all the info you can give us would be greatly appreciated. We also feel a party coming on!!!

Congrats on your forthcoming wedding.

Regards

Eileen & Dave

Hi fellow vivas

Just thought i would copy in a response i got from karen at pp regarding the legal procedures that we need to do. I was a bit worried about getting over before the handover date and when we had to the legal stuff and this was her response; -

"The only thing you need to do is go to El Tur and arrange your Power of
Attorney with the lawyers and get your residence visa but that can be nearer
the time of delivery.

The lawyers will register all your papers in the court so you can get your
title deeds but that does not happen until the apartment is paid off in
full.

You will receive from our construction department a handover procedure
letter and you will snag your apartment to say you are happy with it when it
is time for delivery."

It doesn't detail exact schedule of when things are to be done by but it put my mind at rest a bit and im sure closer tohandover time we will start getting more detailed info on what we need to do.

Jo

Last edited:
queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all

I have been to El Tor for POA and it is quite straight forward. You will need to make sure you get the visa on arrival at Sharm airport to allow you to go to El Tor - take $15

Only one of you needs to go.

Take your contract and passport - you need to go to the passport office in El Tor and get a multi entry 6m visa and 12m on - cost was about £14 for both then take them to the Notary up the road in El Tor. Poa was about 40le. It is best if you take someone who speaks Arabic as both offices there speak very little. My lawyer arranged for someone to meet me there. Ladies cover arms and legs as this is not a tourist area.

The drive is about an hour each way and I paid £15 return taxi. It can be doen in half a day.

hope this helps x

J

jojo

Thanks Queenie

Your a mine of all information i ever need to know!!! How long before completion did you do yours?

jo

J

jojo

hi jojo
our handover date is october 2010 this is when the appartment will be ready but i dont think the whole resort will be ie the hotel and maybe the swimming pools i have a feeling it will be all complete mid 2011 this is only my thougt i could be wrong.do you have children if not i could not think of a better place to fetch kids up they have excellent schools there i wish my daughter was still young i would have moved over there without a thought its a great place.we have just come back and we are ertuning in december for the new year partys. waste of time in england.when do you get married you should have your honeymoon in sharm.we will be living there in mid 2011 when our daughter finishes college then she will be 18 she make up her own mind what to do herself.we cant decide on what to do with ours yet as i am waiting to find out who takes the hotel (graet business oppertunities with self catering hotels) carl & dawn
Hi Carl / Dawn

No we dont have any kids yet but hopefully by 2011 we should have a little one to start thinking about. We decided against egypt for our honeymoon as we know that once the apartment is habitable that will be our holiday destination sorted for years to come! So were off to St Lucia for the honeymoon and hope to do quite a bit of diving out there and get the practice in before we hit the red sea again. I agree about new years party we will be out there for 2010 with the family. We were told that the hotel would take an extra year to complete after handover, whether that meant after all the apartments were complete or whether they were referring to 1 year after our handover date im not sure. But i think the same about the pools i think the pools and the lanscaping will all be done once the buuilding work has all been finished. At least the beach isnt too far away! The self catering hotel is good news i think, theres a lot of brits who will still only go self catering especially families which can only be good for prospective rental of our apartments.

Jo

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I bought about Sept 07 and went to El Tor think Oct 07 and had handover July 08.

The process takes around 6 to 9 months once you have given poa to your lawyer. You can do this before you complete handover.

I would advise though that you make sure your Arabic side of the contract matches your English side as the courts only recognise the Arabic side. Also make sure you have children added to the contract or younger members of your family if you have no children.

It is never to early to start the process and TBH the earlier the better in my opinion.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Just to add my pennys worth - we are also on a complex with a hotel just down the road from you. The developer has been trying to sell a 5 year lease to a hotel chain and so far has had no luck so work has stopped on the hotel and TBH in 2 years I havent seen any other work done on the hotel side. It is still the shell we saw in Oct 07. My advise would be to ask your developer if they have found a chain to manage the hotel yet and try and get the name. Once they have found a chain they would have to meet deadlines to complete or they would suffer serious penalties and I would imagine once this has been signed and sealed the hotels would be finished within 6 months.

Until they find a chain to lease it they wont do any more work on the hotel - just my advise though from what I have found.

J

jojo

Hi queenie

Did the rest of your complex get completed i.e. swimming pools etc are does that only get done once the hotel part is done?

jo

queenie40something

queenie40something

...sorry meant to have added if you dont want to go to El Tor for POA dont worry as you can do it via the Embassy in London but is of course dearer but could be cheaper in the long run if you were thinking of flying over just to get this sorted x

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I only took handover once my pool was completed outside my apartment - there are now 5 pools out of 10 in use. There is still alot of finishing / building work. There have been alot of handovers and on my last visit Sept / Oct there were alot of owners / renters staying on the complex. It has taken a while to come together since my handover last summer. Eg when I took handover rat poison wasnt put down, mossie smoking not in place, manholes not covered ( after I complained there would be an accident we drove down a huge one!! ),wheely bins not outside blocks etc but a few months after it did start coming together with the above sorted and rectified but it is an long ongoing process so please from experiance dont expect you will have handover and everything will be a bed of roses. If you are fore warned you will know what to expect and how they work.

It is a learning kerb and I have learnt that you have to be quite horizontal and be quite laid back or you will get seriously stressed and its not worth it. They will do it in their own time and not from any us stamping our feet demanding.

Believe me it helps keeping on side with them.

At the end of the day I have no regrets buying in Nabq and love it even though the resort isnt complete - BTW hotel should have been completed June 2009 latest!! 2010 if we are lucky.

Please feel free to ask anything else about my resort, experiances, water / elec ( what I have paid ) gas bottles, internet, sat tv, taxis etc etc

We do have a brilliant bunch of owners and get together for drinks, parties etc. It really is a great community and everyone helps each other.

One recommendation I would give to you is to check your window locks and patio door locks as ours are not good. Even if you think they are locked they can be lifted from the outside and you can be broken into! I have installed central window locks to the top and middle of mine and the bathroom / kitchen windows I have had grilles made and fitted.

Also upon handover I received 5 keys and a registration card so that the person with the card can only get keys cut. However the English Company in Sharm that looks after my apartment on a weekly basis changed my locks for me to be on the safe side for a reasonable charge for peace of mind and now I know they are the sole key holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.