Viva Reef development Nabq, Sharm

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damon36

New forum

Hi All,
Just to let you know, in addition to this forum and to make it easier for us to exchange information and keep upto date with what is happening with the development, I have started a discussion group on Facebook - 'Viva Reef - Egypt'.

I am also looking to start a website in the next month or so for all those not on facebook. I think it would be good to exchange information and keep in touch on developments at VR, hopefully by having one easily accesible forum we will all benefit from exchanging information and as the completion date approaches we can get the best deals to complete the apartments and find the best method to rent them out.

Although it is primarily VR, all are welcome, as all information is helpful and experience can be priceless, as Alison has given.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Damon

D

dukes

Hi Damon

Its a great idea to have a dedicated website.

Today Pioneer emailed me a copy of the sale contract, you said in your email last September that your lawyer picked up on a couple of things, are you able to tell me what they were.

We are going to get someone to check the contract before we send out our first payment.

Regards

Eileen and Dave

D

Damon36

Hi Damon

Its a great idea to have a dedicated website.

Today Pioneer emailed me a copy of the sale contract, you said in your email last September that your lawyer picked up on a couple of things, are you able to tell me what they were.

We are going to get someone to check the contract before we send out our first payment.

Regards

Eileen and Dave
Hi Eileen & Dave
From memory it was the maintenance fees as discussed, the penalities for late payment or completion & question over the service charges. If you need a lawyer I can email you the one i used, he was very good when I was in sharm, I think they are all laid back and not very quick replying. But i'm expecting to hear from him soon. send me a private message & ill will send you my email address if you would like it.

regards

Damon

J

jo1

Hi everyone.
I have bought an apartment in block 19 in Viva Reef. Has anyone else noticed that the developer has added more apartments down one side and renumbered some.
I have been in touch with Pioneer as this meant that the new blocks were right opposite us.

Damon can you let me know what the issues were with the contact as we are waiting for ours and don't know whether to use Pioneer's solicitors or not. Any advice would be grateful.
regards
Jo

D

dukes

Hi Jo

We have just bought an apartment in block 12 (in February) and when we signed our contract block 12 was semi-detached. When we looked at the website in April we see that it is now attached. I immediately telephoned Pioneer and they didn't come up with a satisfactory answer, what did Pioneer say to you? When I re-read my contract regarding signing the appendices plan it says "draft plans" so we assume they can change it at any time. I asked for a draft copy of the contract to be emailed to me and this they did before I received the actual contract.

With regards to the contract it was in very plain English and everything our salesperson told us was exactly right in the contract. One thing I would say is that they send it by DHL courier and then you have to send it back and it cost us a whopping £67, I nearly fainted but at least you could track it on line at every stage and we knew who signed for it.

Hope some of this is useful to you. Let us know how things go and I will do the same.

Eileen & Dave

G

GarGar

We signed and handed over our contract some time back. Our UK solicitor (a family member) said that the contract was essentially a bog standard contract and had no irregularities in it. The annual maintenance fee did come as a bit of a surprise- it is going to be very high in relatively few years' time! Still, we are thrilled to have purchased the apartment and cannot wait to see it in 2010. Impatience is a dreadful thing!

J

jo1

hi everyone

eileen and dave - it was only by chance that i noticed the change in plas. When we phoned Pioneer they said that the developer had 'purchased another strip of land to prevent anyone else building on there!' The other issue i have is that I was told that they cannot build on more than 20% of the land - but looking on the plan it looks far more than this!! pioneer have moved us to block 10 so we won't have another block directly behind us. Our copy of the contracts had draft on too - and i suspect that there were plans to do this all the time.

GarGar - thanks for the info regarding the contracts. The maintenance fees are a surprise, how much do they go up by each year? your comment has worried me slightly - are you (or anyone else) able to elaborate at all?

We sent our original contracts back with DHL but did it through Staples and it cost us £30. Has anyone else any news?

O

Odd-bod

Hi

The strip they are using for the new buildings are an addition, but what is missing from the map in the contracts is I think the area on the other side of the car park on the 'sea' side of the resort. I was told there will be a water feature and gazebos when the workers quarters are demolished, I don't know if it'll stretch to 80% however.

I don't think the maintainence fees are unreasonable, given what it includes cleaning, security, lighting, pool maintenance and painting the buildings on a regular basis. It starts at 1% of the purchase price ( for me 4,750 £E) and THIS increases 10% every year- I am not sure if its accumulative but if it is: £500 initially then £550- £605- £665.

On a lighter note I sent my contracts through some kind of Royal MAil special delivery costing @ £20 above the postage cost. When I tried to find then 2 weeks later, they had sent the book I posted to Cork (at the same time) special delivery and my poor contracts were sent baggage class BUT they arrived- 24 DAYS after posting- I was having a stroke by that time! I did get my money back and a couple of packets of stamps Good old Royal Mail, taking the stamps off the postage, it cost me @ 20p. :cool:

Audrey

D

dukes

Hi all

Hi All

Thanks for all the information. Maintenance fees are 1% of purchase price i.e. if you paid £40,000 that equates to £400 in year one, in year two a 10% increase of the 1% that equates to £40 so that is £440 in year two and so on, which we consider excellent value considering timeshare charge approx that for ONE WEEK.

Please keep us all up-to-date with your purchases. By the way another 10% increase in the property value this month, can only be good news!!

J

jojo

Hi everyone yes the maintenance fees are confusing at first but i totally agree with Odd Bod and Dukes they are reasonable when you look at what you'll be getting for the cost. And everyone needs to remember what they will get at the end of the build - a lovely apartment in beautiful sunny sharm thats got to be worth any stresses incurred whilst we wait for them to be completed. Look forwards to the sakaras by the pool and enjoy the thought!!!! By the way the furnished photos on pioneers site look brilliant.
jo

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Advice for all owners.

Hi everyone yes the maintenance fees are confusing at first but i totally agree with Odd Bod and Dukes they are reasonable when you look at what you'll be getting for the cost. And everyone needs to remember what they will get at the end of the build - a lovely apartment in beautiful sunny sharm thats got to be worth any stresses incurred whilst we wait for them to be completed. Look forwards to the sakaras by the pool and enjoy the thought!!!! By the way the furnished photos on pioneers site look brilliant.
jo
By now, everyone will have read the many threads and complaints on various projects around the Red Sea developments. Some of these problems occur after owners move in.

When completed we advise all owners to form an association which can demand the services and maintainance programme the management are being paid to do. There are very few private companies able to fulfil the standards top Hotels companies achieve for foreigners and all too often, those appointed fail to deliver and maintain the quality of services we Europeans expect.

Alan Cockayne. - Coralife-Style Consultants.

B

bob69013

new to the forum

hi everybody
hope im submitting this thread right
just got back from sharm this week we went to see our appartments in vr i could not believe how much they are coming on.was there in march and our block was only in its footing stage now i could stand in my own appartment cant wait untill its finished it will be a nice resort ps spoke with the sit manager he said they easily on target may even finish early.

J

jojo

Hi Bob

Thanks for the update, we can't go out until mid nextyear when our completion is due so its nice to hear tht you've been out there and its coming along nicely. Damon is due to go out in December so he is going to update us all too. My dilemma now is that im getting married in May and the apartment is due to for handover in August so if its going to complete early i hope i can afford to go out as soon as they say its done! Might have to scrimp on the buffet!!! Karen from Pioneer said she would post some new photos when shes back from break so fingers crossed it still looks good x

B

bob69013

hi jojo
do you intend on living in your appartment or just for rentals we cant decide yet.when finished we all need to get together and celebrate we are hoping to move to sharm soon,sorry our names are carl & dawn ps karen has become a good friend of ours shes a good un.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all

I am back in a couple of weeks. I will have some free time so if you want will go along and take pics / vids for you. You will need to clear for me to gain access - they dont normally ask though x let me know x

O

Odd-bod

Hi JoJo & Carl/Dawn

I am out in december also for the first 2 weeks so maybe I will be able to meet up with damon and I intend to start the furniture hunt as I will not be back untill I have handover at the beginning of 2011.
I am not renting except to a few people I know will not abuse it, but I expect to use it a lot myself during the winter- hoping to get out 2 weeks a month.
What number have you bought Carl and when do you expect your handover?

Audrey

D

dukes

hi everybody
hope im submitting this thread right
just got back from sharm this week we went to see our appartments in vr i could not believe how much they are coming on.was there in march and our block was only in its footing stage now i could stand in my own appartment cant wait untill its finished it will be a nice resort ps spoke with the sit manager he said they easily on target may even finish early.
Hi Bob

Thanks for the update, can you tell us what block you are in? Did you take any pics? We have bought in block 12. There are more pics on the Pioneer website, unfortunately the pics are not labelled so we do not know what blocks we are looking at.

We are going out in early March, our completion date is March 2011 but it will be great if they are finished early.

We intend living out there for three months in the winter. Great when we all meet up.

B

bob69013

hi odd bod & dukes
we have bought in block 7 the 1 and 2 bed top floor. We recieve handover october 2010, not sure when the whole resort will be finished.We will probably use the 1 bed for ourselves and the 2 bed for rentals.Took some pictures but unfortunatly they were erased from our camera (not happy).We think block 12 is behind us which is all up now,they are really moving along now.It will be nice to meet up when its all finished nice to meet new friends and neighbours
See u all soon Carl & Dawn

O

Odd-bod

Hi Carl/Dawn

I am in no 8/6 ie next building to you- 2 beds on the floor below. I had arranged to buy 7/6 directly below you originally, last October, just as the crash happened and delayed going through with it for a few months by that time 7/6 had been on offer with someone else. I now take delivery in Feb, I think, 2011.
see around then & often after, no doubt, in the meantime I'll post some pictures when I return in December.

Audrey

D

dukes

Hi Bob, Carl & Dawn

Great news that block 12 is up, can't wait to go next March.

Just wondered if you have been told when you have to start the legal stuff.

Eileen & Dave Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.