Visas / Finding a public notary,.....

D

danny

You can buy a visa at 1 of the kiosks and there are 100s of holiday reps pointing you in the general direction. Its about 10 Euros and that's the currency they accept. Just a simple case of handing your passport over, they stamp it then you're on your merry way through the passport check bit. psssst warn your friend to take tissues or some loo roll if they need the loo cos you will be handed 2 pieces and expect you to pay for it too! Oh and the trolleys aren't free either, but I can't remember how much they were.

Christine
You can pay with sterling or euros. The official price is $15 dollars which equates to roughly £10 at the moment but they will try and ask for £12-15, I used to get away with a tenner but that was when the £ was strong against the $, they may put up more of fight to get more now that the £ is weak. It must be a very lucrative job to sell stamps at the airport as they will not sell them at face value, if you try and give them exactly $15 dollars they will send you to the bank inside arrivals to buy your stamp.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Danny - totally agree with you. They will argue they havent got any change etc. They tried to charge me another double when Amy was still on my passport and because I knew it was $15 per passport and not per person in the passprot I stuck to my guns and paid with $ and they didnt get a penny more.

I then had my multi entry visa which I got for the poa and this proved money saving for when we went to Cairo and Luxor last year as well. Even if you buy them from the Egyptian Consulate in London they are only £18 each and are valid for 6 months so if you are back and forth will save you quite a bit - and the hassle and queuing as well.

P

picaso

Picasso Divers

Can someone answer a question for me please. I have been told that if you fly to Hurghada and stay more than 30 days you can only fly home from Cairo - is this true and if so any idea why.

Cheers Jax

D

danny

hi alan
your £10 entry visa is valid for 90 days
I have written about this subject a number of times and if you wish to clarify the situation regarding length of stay it is better to go to the official Egyptian Consulate website and not to Ask Alladin.
On the consulates site you will find that the 6 month multiple entry visa allows for stays of up to 90 days and the visa issued at the airport only allows for stays of up to 30 days.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I have written about this subject a number of times and if you wish to clarify the situation regarding length of stay it is better to go to the official Egyptian Consulate website and not to Ask Alladin.
On the consulates site you will find that the 6 month multiple entry visa allows for stays of up to 90 days and the visa issued at the airport only allows for stays of up to 30 days.

Thats correct and if you like to make another month you go to the visa office in hurghada city and have another month or apply for the one year visa and you get it easy just take 4 hours to have

N

nubianqueen

poa and shokran

hi queenie:)

nice to see you back and your valuable tips and advice! thank you for those i will print it out and certainly having read on the forum i will have to find a locksmith in hurghada anyone know of one??

i need to get a power of attorney done at the egyptian embassy in london cos my daughter wont be able to go with me to sign the contract so i will sign on her behalf, is that so? do you know what the exact wording should be as i need to type it out and get her to sign it so that i can take it along to the embassy along with what else do you think i might need to take along?

once again thank you for your advice and i hope that 2009 goes well for you and your family. for myself i hope that i will be in hurghada village this year inshalla.

best wishes

nubianqueen:cool:

HORIZON

HORIZON

Can someone answer a question for me please. I have been told that if you fly to Hurghada and stay more than 30 days you can only fly home from Cairo - is this true and if so any idea why.

Cheers Jax
That doesnt sound true at all!

The only thing is that after 2 months stay you cant use charter flight anymore, but believe me I live in Hurghada for 3 years and when I go home to Lithuania, I leave with Concord flights directly from Hurghada.

R

Redsea Lawyer

Working Visa

Dear All .

I would like to proposal for every one , He/she would like to has working visa, I'm ready to help him for that just contact me.

Mr. Abouzaid Taher

S

satanmademedoit

Multi entry visa?

Please clarify whether a mulit entry visa is required when you hold a Residential visa (with no work permitted).
Is the law different in Sharm?
I have never required one while living in Cairo. Since moving here, many folk have informed me that I need one.
??

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Please clarify whether a mulit entry visa is required when you hold a Residential visa (with no work permitted).
Is the law different in Sharm?
I have never required one while living in Cairo. Since moving here, many folk have informed me that I need one.
??
I'm afraid the South Sinai Authorities have a different view on visas to Cairo and the mainland. In fact to some visitors, they seem to make up the rules as they go along.

It is my personal opinion that Sinai is a "Protectorate" State, a buffer zone between Africa and the Middle East. Or possibly it will become a Republic of Egypt with its own rules and regulations, bent on satisfying the local mayors and officials rather than foreigners. A form of "Protectionsim" and I don't mind stating it. I put customer needs first and foremost.

The past troubles have helped create a very secure environment in Sinai, albeit at a cost. Hence the need to keep vigil on ones movements with an entry (or multiple entry) visa paid at the airport or UK Embassy beforehand.

Most visitors and residents like the security in place and seperate visas for visits.
Many who live permanantly in Sinai find it a hassle renewing but prefer it to the stringent proceedure of work permits and permanant residency. e.g. HIV certificates, disclosure of personal bank accounts and income etc. Even having to take a test for an Egyptian Driving License, as our International ones arn't good enough it seems.....

Yerrr right....

Stick to being a residential tourist mate.

Alan Cockayne - Coralife-Style Consultants.

S

satanmademedoit

Thanks for your reply and humerous one at that :)

Okay, I know 2 people with resident permits that have travelled from Sharm Internationally and back on 2 occasions this month who do not hold this multi entry thing..all well so far!

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Thanks for your reply and humerous one at that :)

Okay, I know 2 people with resident permits that have travelled from Sharm Internationally and back on 2 occasions this month who do not hold this multi entry thing..all well so far!
And your residents permit can be applied for when you buy your home, through the lawyer as part of his job. The visa does as it says on the can..... Not sure about the lawyer you may pick though...:)

Check the first entries by Queenie back in 2008 for these simple rules.

Thanks for the compliments.

Alan Cockayne. - Coralife-Stlye Consultants.
[/I]

T

thompsonsom

That doesnt sound true at all!

The only thing is that after 2 months stay you cant use charter flight anymore, but believe me I live in Hurghada for 3 years and when I go home to Lithuania, I leave with Concord flights directly from Hurghada.
Hi

Can anyone explain this quote for me. If you stay in Hurghada for longer than 2 months could you not then return home on say an easyjet or thomas cooke flight?

Janice

Georgina

Georgina

Hi

Can anyone explain this quote for me. If you stay in Hurghada for longer than 2 months could you not then return home on say an easyjet or thomas cooke flight?

Janice
Easy Jet yes because it is scheduled. Thomas Cook no because it is charter. Not sure if it is one month or three months. I think Thomas Cook had a limit of 28 days in Egypt and then you could not book a return flight with them.

Why? Maybe they just want us to book Egypt Air?

M

M Butler

Easy Jet yes because it is scheduled. Thomas Cook no because it is charter. Not sure if it is one month or three months. I think Thomas Cook had a limit of 28 days in Egypt and then you could not book a return flight with them.

Hi all,

I have to renew both my visas in the next few days in Hurghada. I am flying out with Egyptair so I don't have any problem with the time thing. But I am wondering who stipulates 1 month or 3 months? I assume it is the government so I am going to ask at the visa office exactly what the script is.

I am just thinking that if the rules have changed again and it is "maybe" to encourage people to fly Egyptair then why don't Egyptiar start direct flights to Hurghada....

Margaret

T

thompsonsom

Hi

thanks for replying but i am still confused, what I am wanting to know is, if we were to live in hurghada for say 6months with an extended visa, could you book a flight to come back to england for a visit with say easyjet or thomascooke and then return back to hurghada 2 weeks later, or would you have to fly with say egyptair?

janice