Visas / Finding a public notary,.....

L

lisac

poa

just phoned office in leicester and poa cost is also£50.00 and they will then forward to both other offices for you total price £97.00 very good.have i got this right thou gh, my stage is handing over from developer to my self as owner of appart so i need a lawyer to make sure thatb it really is mine ??
1st step seek egpytian lawyer, tell him to make up a poa document with what i need on it
2nd stage get poa signed in uk by public notary and then by both consualtes
3rd stage then send back to my egpytian lawyer to manage the hand over
THEN AFTER ALL THAT IF I WANT TO REGISTER I NEED VISAS
SORRY BUT HAVE I GOT THIS RIGHT IF NOT I GIVE UP(CONFFUSED
THANKS TO ANY ONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

S

SuziQ2708

just phoned office in leicester and poa cost is also£50.00 and they will then forward to both other offices for you total price £97.00 very good.have i got this right thou gh, my stage is handing over from developer to my self as owner of appart so i need a lawyer to make sure thatb it really is mine ??
1st step seek egpytian lawyer, tell him to make up a poa document with what i need on it
2nd stage get poa signed in uk by public notary and then by both consualtes
3rd stage then send back to my egpytian lawyer to manage the hand over
THEN AFTER ALL THAT IF I WANT TO REGISTER I NEED VISAS
SORRY BUT HAVE I GOT THIS RIGHT IF NOT I GIVE UP(CONFFUSED
THANKS TO ANY ONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Iant,

All sounds about right, with the exception of £97 total price which should be £47 plus postage. I'm still unsure about the necessity of visa's for registration thought. Hopefully somebody else can give a definate yes or no answer to that one. :confused:

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Not sure if this will help but if you contact the chap below he may be able to help you with the POA. He is based in London and has runners to take the POA to the embassies and consulates for stamping etc... Costs money but better than traveling down to London and you sometimes need two trips to the embassy, and if you sent by post to be done it can take weeks and weeks. I sent one for a client in Bulgaria and it took almost 2 months just to get it back from the Foreign Office. Anyway here are his details if anyone needs them, give him a call he is a nice guy.

Nigel Pugh

Notary Public

Oceana House

39-49 Commercial Road

Southampton SO15 1GA

England UK

Firmwide number +44 (0)845 415 0000

DDI + 44 (0)845 415 8342

Fax + 44 (0)845 415 8200

Mobile + 44 (0)7771 977092

Email [email protected]

S

SuziQ2708

I think most Public Notaries will offer the service of sending your PoA back and forth for you, at additional cost to you, I know the one I used offered the service, but I declined. Luckily I received the PoA back in the post within a week from both Foreign Commonwealth and Embassy, but it does state on the forms that it can take longer particularly during busy season. I used standard Royal Mail International signed for to post the completed PoA back to Zeiad in Sharm el Sheikh, which again he received within a week. Guess a lot of it is the luck of the drawer :rolleyes:

N

nymaatra

To Obtain a resident visa in Egypt, you must first own a property, and the property must be registered in your name at the notary, and this visa can be for one year.

Another way is to deposit 50.000 dollars into a bank account and obtain a letter of guarantee from the bank. This 50.000 must sit in the bank for one year before you can get them out again, and still, you must renew your visa each year.

IF you want to not bother with a visa at all, sit in Egypt for 15 years, without leaving the country even one time, and you can get an Egyptian passport.

H

heathrow

how do i SUBMIT PICTURES TO THIS FORUM - STEP BY STEP PLEASE.

i HAVE PICTURES IN MY DOCUMENT FILE AND i WOULD LIKE TO SEND SOME TO THIS FORUM

A

ACP

residents

To Obtain a resident visa in Egypt, you must first own a property, and the property must be registered in your name at the notary, and this visa can be for one year.

Another way is to deposit 50.000 dollars into a bank account and obtain a letter of guarantee from the bank. This 50.000 must sit in the bank for one year before you can get them out again, and still, you must renew your visa each year.

IF you want to not bother with a visa at all, sit in Egypt for 15 years, without leaving the country even one time, and you can get an Egyptian passport.
Could you tell us something more about this method of obtaining residency?
Such people are treated as investors, right?
What is the source of this information?
To tell you the truth, it is the first time when I hear about it.
Thank you in advance for any helpful information.

L

Lsab

i HAVE PICTURES IN MY DOCUMENT FILE AND i WOULD LIKE TO SEND SOME TO THIS FORUM
Hi Heathrow. I'm useless at this sort of thing unfortunately but these were the instructions that i was given :

make a post as you normally do - you will need to write a few words in the box 1st such as here are some pics, then before you hit the submit reply button look further down and it will say additional options, click on manage attachments and you will get a pop up box where you have the choice to upload pics from your computer or from a URL. Click on browse then you can choose the pic and then press upload. You can do about 6 / 8 pics at a time. Once you have uploaded them then submit reply.

Hope this does the trick :)

queenie40something

queenie40something

..short cut I found hit reply then click on the paper clip and follow abcve - you will still have to put some text in the reply to thread box xx

W

wayne_harris

Hi, Does anyone know what paperwork you have to take to the notary when you want to register your apartment and get the PO. Or do you get PO first then see the notary? We are doing it all in egypt and hopefully our contracts are all signed. I understand you dont keep the contracts yourselves, is this true? In which case how do we prove to the notary that we own an apartment. I just dont understand!! We feel a bit stupid as we haven't got a clue and our lawyer is on holiday at the moment.

Cheers Dawn -x-

J

johnwayne

Banned
Hi, Does anyone know what paperwork you have to take to the notary when you want to register your apartment and get the PO. Or do you get PO first then see the notary? We are doing it all in egypt and hopefully our contracts are all signed. I understand you dont keep the contracts yourselves, is this true? In which case how do we prove to the notary that we own an apartment. I just dont understand!! We feel a bit stupid as we haven't got a clue and our lawyer is on holiday at the moment.

Cheers Dawn -x-
ditto - I think many of us could be in the same position soon - can anyone help us please?

L

Lsab

Hi both. Have you had a read through this thread as I think it's been covered somewhere on it. I would have a look for you but now I'm back on Bahrain time and it's almost 1 a.m. so I'm off to bed. Alison of course, is the one to answer this for you. I think she'll be back on thursday.
x

iain

iain

Notaries/POA etc

Hi

Looking back in the Sierra threads there was a period around 2/5/2008 where this was all discussed in some detail.

We did all our POA stuff in London at a cost but Queenie40something posted this in post number 136 on 2.5.2008 in Sierra thread. Take a look around those pages. I think most related to doing this in Sharm and El Tor but it should help.

Hopefully it is still up to date info and has not changed

"what you need to do is get a multi entry visa and residents visa from the passport office in El Tor. This is the cheapest option and is very easy if you intend on going to Sharm soon. Your lawyer ( mine is Zeiad and this is what he arranged for us ) will arrange for a colleague to meet you at the passport office in El Tor. He will get the visa for you - works out about £15 or so for both. Only one person needs to get these. We then went to the notary office up the road in El Tor and he helped us get the Power of Attorney which you need to get and give to your lawyer. You cannot get the POA without the visas. POA is 40le which is around £4. Is is an wasy process. When you have the pos you simply hand it to your lawyer and the rest is down to him eg court registration in Cairo etc. El Tor is about an hours drive from Sharm. If you need a taxi driver let me know as we use and English lady called Allison and she charged us £15 return ( she also charges this for airport transfers as well ).
BE AWARE though that to be able to leave Sharm you need toget the single entry visa when you land in Sharm for $15. There is really only need for one person to go to El Tor but if more than 1 wants to go make sure you all get the single entry visas because there are check points as you leave Sharm and you need to show your passport. Hope this helps."

Iain

W

wayne_harris

ditto - I think many of us could be in the same position soon - can anyone help us please?
Hi Johnwayne, Its ok now because our lawyer has returned from his Hols and just informed us he will be sending us a letter/form and we can get a local notary to sign it, then send it back to him and he will deal with it all for us. So thats good news.

Hi Ian, Thanks for your help.

Dawn

S

subell

Hi Follks, could anyone give me an uptodate account of the proceedure on arrival at Hurghada Airport, regarding obtaining a tourist visa. My friend is Arriving here on Friday for a 1 week holiday. Where to purchase, the cost, which currency should she use etc.... any info would be gratefully accepted as this is her first time.
Many thanks
regards
Sue

C

CMChris

You can buy a visa at 1 of the kiosks and there are 100s of holiday reps pointing you in the general direction. Its about 10 Euros and that's the currency they accept. Just a simple case of handing your passport over, they stamp it then you're on your merry way through the passport check bit. psssst warn your friend to take tissues or some loo roll if they need the loo cos you will be handed 2 pieces and expect you to pay for it too! Oh and the trolleys aren't free either, but I can't remember how much they were.

Christine

S

subell

Many thanks Christine for the information.... especially the loo roll reminder, she uses more than the allocated amount you mentioned just blowing her nose.
Thanks once again
Regards
Sue