Visas / Finding a public notary,.....

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Tony we fly out on Saturday for a week then back in Oct for 2. Will post a report and pics on Sierra thread on return. Hopefully we will be handed our keys on Sunday!! Not expecting miracles and no doubt there will be alot of snagging. Not having high expectations then we wont be disappointed.

T

tonyholtom

glad you going first so we can learn from you,if poss can you look at 35a/1/2 hopefully they have now corrected it into a 3 bed unit. good luck
tony

Georgina

Georgina

To obtain a residents visa you must either be employed (and I think you have to find this job in the UK and not once you are here),marry an Egyptian or register your property
My two friends and I went to the Hurghada passport office to renew our visas and entry exit visas today. All three of us don't work and our properties are not registered so we can only buy the annual tourist visa but one friend is married to an Egyptian and took her marriage papers so she could get her residents visa. They wouldn't let her have a residents visa without her husband being with her! She had to buy the annual tourist visa because her husband is working away. How unfair is that.

V

vix

My two friends and I went to the Hurghada passport office to renew our visas and entry exit visas today. All three of us don't work and our properties are not registered so we can only buy the annual tourist visa but one friend is married to an Egyptian and took her marriage papers so she could get her residents visa. They wouldn't let her have a residents visa without her husband being with her! She had to buy the annual tourist visa because her husband is working away. How unfair is that.
Very useful info tho G. But on the other hand, people are getting residents visas if accompanied by a legal rep. before registration.

Georgina

Georgina

Very useful info tho G. But on the other hand, people are getting residents visas if accompanied by a legal rep. before registration.
Can someone post a picture of the resident visas they are getting in Hurghada without work and property registration please.

V

vix

I dont have one myself, tho I was offered one. I went with a rep. from the lawyers office. I chose to obtain just a one month residency visa which I didnt pay for, just in order to give POA to the lawyer. Was told tho that I could get a years res. visa without probs in the future.

Georgina

Georgina

I dont have one myself, tho I was offered one. I went with a rep. from the lawyers office. I chose to obtain just a one month residency visa which I didnt pay for, just in order to give POA to the lawyer. Was told tho that I could get a years res. visa without probs in the future.
I will believe it when I see a photo. It is just that most Egyptians talk about the residents visa but they actually mean the annual tourist visa. If it is so easy to take a rep from a lawyers office I think there will be a hundred people from El Gouna getting residents visas tomorrow. I have posted previously a photo of the annual tourist visa. I hope you are correct. I am only interested in one obtained from Hurghada passport office.

V

vix

I will believe it when I see a photo. It is just that most Egyptians talk about the residents visa but they actually mean the annual tourist visa. If it is so easy to take a rep from a lawyers office I think there will be a hundred people from El Gouna getting residents visas tomorrow. I have posted previously a photo of the annual tourist visa. I hope you are correct. I am only interested in one obtained from Hurghada passport office.
I don't kno then G. this is really confusing. I was told by my lawyer that I HAD to have a res. visa in order to give him PoA. At the pasport office, I was asked, did I want a one year res. visa, or just a one month res visa. I chose the one month 'cos there was no extra charge. It does actually say, in English 'resident till' and one month. Someone, somewhere must be able to answer this.

queenie40something

queenie40something

glad you going first so we can learn from you,if poss can you look at 35a/1/2 hopefully they have now corrected it into a 3 bed unit. good luck
tony
Hi Tony - will add yours to my list.

V

vix

Hi G. Have you yet seen a copy of a res. visa. I would like to see same myself if you have.

Georgina

Georgina

Hi G. Have you yet seen a copy of a res. visa. I would like to see same myself if you have.
Not from someone that isn't working or married to an Egyptian or has registered their property. So many on here are claiming to have residents visas I would love to see one (from the Hurghada office). I am not bothered about having one. I have lived here long enough renewing my annual tourist visa. It is just that there was a guy on our El Gouna forum advertising prices for Egyptian tours to Egyptians and foreign residents. I emailed him asking him if I qualify for foreign residents prices having resided here for 5 years but without a residents visa but he hasn't replied. I know my annual tourist visa does not get me through the road to Cairo or Luxor without the convoy unless I am on a public bus from Hurghada.

W

wanderlust

Hi
Can anyone clarify something for me please?
I am a bit confused re what I might need to do re visas? I have had my POA form countersigned by PN here in England and also had this seen/signed by British and Egyptian Consulates in London.
I thought my final step is to now send this to Zeiad in Egypt , however reading some of the threads on here I am wondering whether I need to obtain a visa ?
Any advice much appreciated
Annette

S

SuziQ2708

Hi
Can anyone clarify something for me please?
I am a bit confused re what I might need to do re visas? I have had my POA form countersigned by PN here in England and also had this seen/signed by British and Egyptian Consulates in London.
I thought my final step is to now send this to Zeiad in Egypt , however reading some of the threads on here I am wondering whether I need to obtain a visa ?
Any advice much appreciated
Annette
Hi Annette,

As I understand it, we don't need a visa unless we intend to reside in the country. You certainly won't need one at the moment. Unsure whether we do when it comes to registering the property, but that's way in the future. At this stage just send your PoA back to Zeiad, so long as it's been to both the Commonwealth and Consulate for verification this should be fine :)
)

W

wanderlust

Hi Annette,

As I understand it, we don't need a visa unless we intend to reside in the country. You certainly won't need one at the moment. Unsure whether we do when it comes to registering the property, but that's way in the future. At this stage just send your PoA back to Zeiad, so long as it's been to both the Commonwealth and Consulate for verification this should be fine :)
)
Thanks so much Suzanne thats great will get it sent now
Take Care
Annette

S

SuziQ2708

Thanks so much Suzanne thats great will get it sent now
Take Care
Annette
Your welcome (I seem to be stalking you tonight! LOL) How are you posting it? I got quotes from DHL and private couriers and they wanted £75 upwards!!!! I just wasn't prepared to pay that, so used good old Royal Mail. It cost £5.30 special delivery which is 'signed for' and insured against loss up to £500. Posted it Tuesday so hopefully Zeiad will confirm he's received it soon :)

W

wanderlust

Your welcome (I seem to be stalking you tonight! LOL) How are you posting it? I got quotes from DHL and private couriers and they wanted £75 upwards!!!! I just wasn't prepared to pay that, so used good old Royal Mail. It cost £5.30 special delivery which is 'signed for' and insured against loss up to £500. Posted it Tuesday so hopefully Zeiad will confirm he's received it soon :)
Hi
Your welcome ,Stalk away! Havent even thought about or looked into how I am getting it to him yet just got it back today.
All these add ons add up!!

S

SuziQ2708

Hi
Your welcome ,Stalk away! Havent even thought about or looked into how I am getting it to him yet just got it back today.
All these add ons add up!!
Tell me about it! .. Mind you, still works out considerably cheaper employing an Egyptian lawyer direct rather than going through a UK one which has to use an Egyptian one in any case, if you get what I mean :p

W

wanderlust

Know waht you mean, will grin and bear it and keep dreaming of completion day !!!!

B

brook

Visa/Work P

sorry, my residents visa and work permit are stamped in my passport, and
I wouldnt give anyone a copy... they do exist, it's more a 'reason to have'
because although not impossible, quite expensive, as without a lawyer
virtually, dont bother, they wont entertain you..

Brook EG

Not from someone that isn't working or married to an Egyptian or has registered their property. So many on here are claiming to have residents visas I would love to see one (from the Hurghada office). I am not bothered about having one. I have lived here long enough renewing my annual tourist visa. It is just that there was a guy on our El Gouna forum advertising prices for Egyptian tours to Egyptians and foreign residents. I emailed him asking him if I qualify for foreign residents prices having resided here for 5 years but without a residents visa but he hasn't replied. I know my annual tourist visa does not get me through the road to Cairo or Luxor without the convoy unless I am on a public bus from Hurghada.

L

Lsab

Had a POA notarised in Cardiff yesterday. Only cost £50. I know others have paid this much but some have paid 4 or 5 times more. If anyone living in this part of the world would like the notary's details, send me a PM.