Visas / Finding a public notary,.....

annethedonn

annethedonn

So how does this differ from Hurghada, do I have to go to El Tur from Hurghada ? What have others done pls ?

Ahlan

Just a quickie on this. We got a residency visa from El Tur last May as we bought a flat in Nabq Bay, but when we left the country 2 days later the customs people said that it wouldn't allow us to re-enter the country. Is this true even though the visa was for one year validity?

I need to go back to Egypt soon so as I now have property and as my visa has expired in any case now, do i need to get another residential from El Tur to stay indefinitely and is it worth it do I need to get a multi entry visa from UK (as I'll be going to Cairo too).

Anne

Z

Zeiad Yehia

VERY GOOD QUESTION!

I understand your situation. Point is, when you go to El Tur to make a one year residency visa, make sure it is inclusive of the "return" option; this return should take place within 6 months. However if you obtained just visa, chances are you'd be in that situation you just described as long as you have left Egypt. Kindly make sure next time that the "return" option is included in your residency visa.

All the best,

Zeiad Yehia
Solicitor

Dear Anne,

Please read the quoted post and reply. I hope this will help.

All the best,

Zeiad Yehia
Solicitor

N

not_terry

Residency visa

Dear Anne,

All the best,

Zeiad Yehia
Solicitor
Hi
I'm confused now! So If I get a residency visa from El Tur for 1 year this means if I want to return to UK for a while I have to do it within 6 months - Then I have to stay in Egypt ???? I cant leave the country again or I have to get another residency visa ???
Not_terry

annethedonn

annethedonn

Dear Anne,

All the best,

Zeiad Yehia
Solicitor
Fair point, but we went with our solicitor, so why didn't he mention this or make sure it was done? We are not to know. A year's resiency visa should mean just that. My husband speaks fluent Arabic and he didn't even tell him - in fact the solicitor was very flippant and in my opinion it was all too much trouble for him!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - Yes we were told to make sure you tell them at the passport office that both the multi and residents are return and we made sure it stated visits on the mulit entry one as various.

Z

Zeiad Yehia

Fair point, but we went with our solicitor, so why didn't he mention this or make sure it was done? We are not to know. A year's resiency visa should mean just that. My husband speaks fluent Arabic and he didn't even tell him - in fact the solicitor was very flippant and in my opinion it was all too much trouble for him!
I believe a misunderstanding might had happened then, but anyway you now know how to deal with it next time.

All the best,

Zeiad Yehia
Solicitor

Georgina

Georgina

OK now I am really confused! I have been living here for five years and have never been able to get a residents visa. Every year I go to the passport office in Hurghada and get my annual tourist visa and multiple entry/exit visa but only if I am planning to to anywhere. Usually I just get the annual tourist visa and they say one week before you want to leave buy your six month entry/exit visa.

The annual tourist visa clearly states you are unable to work.

To obtain a residents visa you must either be employed (and I think you have to find this job in the UK and not once you are here),marry an Egyptian or register your property if it is worth something like over 75,000 or 50,000 USD. Now if your developer has not registered the land then you cannot register your property. I have not gone through the process of registering my property because hardly anyone else in El Gouna has either, so I hear.

And what are the advantages of having a residents visa over a tourist visa. Well there are different prices here for tourists and residents. All hotels and transport offer different prices and the difference is quite big but shopping around on the internet for hotels you can always find cheap deals. Also Egypt Air you can get good prices if you book in advance.

Also in the hospitals there are different prices for residents and tourists. Luckily in El Gouna I get resident prices because I am an owner and the hospital is excellent. If I go outside the price is huge.

And you have to take the tourist convoys unless there are only a few other tourists on the bus (i.e. Cairo or Luxor buses, etc.)

And there is also some rule about owning or registering cars if you are not resident but as I said before it is safer to walk :)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Maybe it is easier to get one in El Tor then?? Mine was really easy to obtain and only cost 83le and does state work is not permitted. I also know an English lady that moved to Sharm a couple of years ago and she is a taxi driver there!!! Brave lady.

N

not_terry

Your Taxi Driver Friend

Maybe it is easier to get one in El Tor then?? Mine was really easy to obtain and only cost 83le and does state work is not permitted. I also know an English lady that moved to Sharm a couple of years ago and she is a taxi driver there!!! Brave lady.
Hi
how did your friend get a work permit. I heard various rumours that you had to prove there was not an Egyptian that could the job, you have to have an aids test etc etc - is there a thread or anything about working in Egypt.

It does seem that this visa issue keeps rearing it's ugly head. That's a new complication - a 1 year visa that runs out after 6 months - only in Egypt!!

Re Visas - is it generally a language problem, or is it trying it on or are they not sure, and how would I know if they have written various or given me the correct visa or correct duration, I presume it is not written in English

Georgina

Georgina

If it says work not permitted and was easy to get then I would bet you that you have a annual tourist visa. Or maybe it is different in Sharm? You are the only person in Egypt I know that got a residents visa if you are not here working.

Georgina

Georgina

Annual tourist visa

If it says work not permitted and was easy to get then I would bet you that you have a annual tourist visa. Or maybe it is different in Sharm? You are the only person in Egypt I know that got a residents visa if you are not here working.
Attached (inshallah) is a copy of an annual tourist visa.

Attachments

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Kerry - mine does state WORK IS NOT PERMITTED in English and this is in the rubber stamp and not handwritten. For the multi entry I made sure that they wrote number of visits various and this is in English.

Ref Allison - she married an Egyptian so this probably helped and yes she had to go and have an aids test. She will tell you all about this when / if you meet her and then you can post comments in your thread.

It would also be useful if you could obtain a letter / ref from your current employer stating how long you had worked for them and your qualifications all translated into Arabic. Zeiad would probably be able to do this for you.

There is this thread on working in Egypt http://www.totallyproperty.com/egyptian-lounge/6819-working-egypt-employers-employees-look-here.html

V

viotel

Well I got a residence visa with work prohibited even if my husband is an Egyptian... But still I am working and now buying a car on loan from bank:D
Starts to be funny.

M

MrSkipsey

Ive been doing a search for public notaries for when I have to get the PoA signed and was wondering how much everyone else who has gone through this process has been charged?

My local (and only) public notary is 12miles away in Sicup and wants to charge me £70+VAT:eek: for the privaliedge of watching me sign the PoA and then counter signing it.

I live in the Bexleyheath/Dartford, Kent area so if anyone can shed some light on this Id be most grateful!

If the foreign office charges £20 and the Egyptian embassy cahrges £27 why is the PN so bloody expensive?!:rolleyes:

M

MrSkipsey

Also, does it need to be Apostilled?
Ive been told it doesnt by one PN and another has told me it does?!?!?!:eek:

M

MrSkipsey

Cheers Queenie but it it doesnt say what the PN actually did.
Ive been quoted by my local PN £50 to countersign and official seal the PoA but another is insisting that I need to have it countersigned, official sealed and then apostilled which is,........

Wait for it,........

£150!:eek:

Ive emailed Zaied, Ian and Stu&Chelle so hopefully I can find out exactly what is needed on the PoA as Ive an apointment with the £50 PN on Thursday and then its straight up to the FCO at The Mall and then onto the Egyptian Embassy to get everything verified on Friday.

Do you know if I need to have my visa's done at the same time in the Egyptian embassy?
Im not in a position to travel yet due to work commitments so am not sure if the visas are needed to show that I can enter Egypt when Zaied takes the PoA to the courts?!?!!?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - from memory Im sure Iain, Stuandchelle got their visas as well from the Embassy.

R

r0ckcrew

Hi,

I found my Notary Public in Thomsons Directory, She witnessed the POA, stamped the form and charged £20.

I dont know if the Notary Public is diffent in Scotland than England.

Rgds

Tommy :)