Visas / Finding a public notary,.....

Georgina

Georgina

Hi

thanks for replying but i am still confused, what I am wanting to know is, if we were to live in hurghada for say 6months with an extended visa, could you book a flight to come back to england for a visit with say easyjet or thomascooke and then return back to hurghada 2 weeks later, or would you have to fly with say egyptair?

janice
You can only leave Hurghada airport on a scheduled flight if you have been here longer than the limit. I think it was 3 months if you are on an annual tourist visa and 1 month if you are on a residents visa i.e. working here.

So it is fine to leave on Easy Jet because they are scheduled however long you have been here. And it makes no difference how quickly you will return it is just all about leaving on a scheduled flight. Thomas Cook are charter.

T

thompsonsom

Hi

Thank you for your explaination, much appreciated

Janice

M

M Butler

Hi

thanks for replying but i am still confused, what I am wanting to know is, if we were to live in hurghada for say 6months with an extended visa, could you book a flight to come back to england for a visit with say easyjet or thomascooke and then return back to hurghada 2 weeks later, or would you have to fly with say egyptair?

janice
Hi Janice,

Georgina is definitely correct. The scheduled airlines out of Hurghada direct to the UK are Easyjet and Flyglobespan who fly to Glasgow.

Margaret

J

jattzp

Notary name please

Yeah, did that the other day Q.
Found a bloke in Gravesend (20min away) who will witness, sign and seal the PoA for £40.
MrSkipSey,
Could you please let me know the name of Public Notary in Gravesend that you have seen. I am in Chatham and want to get a document notarised.
Thank you very much for your help.
Kind Regards
Raman

P

Paul7065

Hi all,

Dont mean to hijack the thread but can someone give pointers on electric meter installation in Hurghada.

i.e. the process involved, costs, recommend a solicitor, time frame for installation, and electricians

E

Elef

Hi everyone,

I bought an apartment in Sharm this year in May and went back a week ago to get a 6 m visa and to give POA to an attorney, to deal with the authentication of signatures for my contract.

I went with my real estate agent to El Tour to get the visa, and there they said that as I did not speak Arabic I would not be able to give POA to an attorney at that time. They said a new law had been passed requiring people who do not speak Arabic to be assisted by a certified translator registered with a particular government agency (I did not understand exactly which one).

However, they agreed to give me an extension of my visa, and they gave me a one-month visa, which was confusing, since I thought the visa I got at the airport for $15 was already valid for one month.

The visa I got was stamped into my passport and it says Work is not permitted. It cost LE3.10.

Then my agent and I moved over to another government office and there they told us again that we needed a certified translator registered with this particular authority and instructed us to enquire in Cairo about the list of translators. This office had an announcement on public display, in Arabic, dated 5 July 2010, which explained the new law.

My agent called his lawyer in Cairo to ask about the list of translators and the next day the answer came that as the law is new the authority in charge has not yet compiled the list of translators authorized to work with it, so if you are a buyer who does not speak Arabic you cannot deal with the POA at this moment.

I shall give this a new try after Ramadan, maybe there will be a list of translators ready by that time.

Shall keep you posted and if anyone has comments or suggestions in the meantime, they're welcome. Thanks :)

S

SHARM-SERVICES

Hi everyone,

I bought an apartment in Sharm this year in May and went back a week ago to get a 6 m visa and to give POA to an attorney, to deal with the authentication of signatures for my contract.

I went with my real estate agent to El Tour to get the visa, and there they said that as I did not speak Arabic I would not be able to give POA to an attorney at that time. They said a new law had been passed requiring people who do not speak Arabic to be assisted by a certified translator registered with a particular government agency (I did not understand exactly which one).

However, they agreed to give me an extension of my visa, and they gave me a one-month visa, which was confusing, since I thought the visa I got at the airport for $15 was already valid for one month.

The visa I got was stamped into my passport and it says Work is not permitted. It cost LE3.10.

Then my agent and I moved over to another government office and there they told us again that we needed a certified translator registered with this particular authority and instructed us to enquire in Cairo about the list of translators. This office had an announcement on public display, in Arabic, dated 5 July 2010, which explained the new law.

My agent called his lawyer in Cairo to ask about the list of translators and the next day the answer came that as the law is new the authority in charge has not yet compiled the list of translators authorized to work with it, so if you are a buyer who does not speak Arabic you cannot deal with the POA at this moment.

I shall give this a new try after Ramadan, maybe there will be a list of translators ready by that time.

Shall keep you posted and if anyone has comments or suggestions in the meantime, they're welcome. Thanks :)

Yes, you are right. PoA can only be appointed now in the presence of one of these qualified translators - if done locally. PoA can also be appointed internationally. Ask your lawyer about this or PM me.

E

Elef

Dear Sharm-Services,

Thank you very much for confirming this situation. Hope I shall manage when I go next time to Sharm, in October.

With best wishes.

2F2F

Hi, why do you need POA?

I am thinking to buy in Egypt too.

Cheers

E

Elef

@2F2F:

According to the advice I was given by my real estate agent, I need to hire a local attorney to act on my behalf in the court for authenticating the signatures on my purchase contract. For this purpose, I need an Arabic translator as well. In any case, the only version (both of the contract and of the POA) that is taken into consideration by a court is the Arabic one.

The authentication of signatures is not a compulsory procedure, it just helps in avoiding the situation where the seller would sell the same property successively to different buyers.

I hope this helps.

2F2F

@2F2F:

According to the advice I was given by my real estate agent, I need to hire a local attorney to act on my behalf in the court for authenticating the signatures on my purchase contract. For this purpose, I need an Arabic translator as well. In any case, the only version (both of the contract and of the POA) that is taken into consideration by a court is the Arabic one.

The authentication of signatures is not a compulsory procedure, it just helps in avoiding the situation where the seller would sell the same property successively to different buyers.

I hope this helps.
Hi, thanks for your reply. That is a big inconvenience, why do they want that?

Is it the same if you are buying face to face or is it just for people who buys without being there?

Thanks

E

Elef

@2F2F

I bought while I was abroad, so it went like this:

(i) I paid a small deposit to the developer, through my agent.
(ii) My agent sent the contract to me by post and I signed it and sent it back to my agent.
(iii) I transferred the rest of the price to my agent's account, and he paid the developer and secured the developer's signature on my contract.
(iv) I went back to Sharm and got my copy of the contract, with the developer's signature on it.

I am not aware if they require a lawyer and POA and all that if you buy face to face. Will try to find out soon.

C

chriscross34

All, i read a post on virtual tourist that said that you can pay for a visa at the airport in dollars for $15 US, whereas if you pay in euros, you have to pay 20 euros. Worth bringing dollars with you if this is the case as its less than half the cost in euros!! anyone tried this? Chris

J

johnwayne

Banned
all, we pay in sterling and hand over a £10 note for one visa. sometimes there is an increase and always have pound coins on me. The most I paid was £12.

C

chriscross34

thanks john i guess if people have dollars then $15 dollars is less than £12 but even thats not bad, cheers chris