Utility bills for rented apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tracey122

I am in the process of completing on an apartment and I have a question about the utility bills. I have to as part of the handover signup/setup with EMPower, this is a mandatory requirement before Damac will handover the keys but there is also DEWA and connection to Shield Gas which is the mandatory supplier to the developent. These 2 it seems you can sign up to after but EMPower has to be done before.

My question is I intend to rent the apartment out so at no point will be living there so won't be using any gas, water etc do I still need to sign up with all the utility companies? Is this something I have to do in Dubai as the owner even though I am not going to live there? Can I just leave it with the other 2 suppliers and then when a tenant eventually moves in they setup and create accounts with those 2 and with EMPower it just gets swapped to them?

Z

zombie

The tenant will have to get the DEWA connection in his name, Gas I am not sure but that too should be done by the tenant.

EmPower supplies the chilled water for the Central A/c System to work, so that will be on your account as the landlord.

T

tracey122

Hi, thanks for the reply Zombie but can you clarify what you mean by

'EmPower supplies the chilled water for the Central A/c System to work, so that will be on your account as the landlord. '

Does this mean the account will be in my name as a Landlord but when a tenent moves in they will be added to out account as the tenent and be the payee of the usgage under that account?

Does that make sense!!!

So basically I don't have setup an account at all with DEWA and possibly the gas company to as the tenant will do it so in regards to those they stay disconnected until eventually a tenent moves in.

Just trying to get it all straight in my head!!

Z

zombie

Tracey am not familiar with the billing system for the district cooling, as you said since it is the tenant who used it, he/she must pay for it, you can certainly pass that cost along with a mention in the tenancy contract.(In case the bill comes in your name rather than the tenants)

DEWA & GAS will be on tenants account, they must set up new accounts with both when they first move in & clear their dues at the time of vacating the apt., providing you with original letters of clearance(Final Bill & settlement).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.