ad

Using colour in your rental property or holiday let

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Traditionally, neutral colours have always been recommended for rental properties because they are less likely to offend any prospective tenants and appeal to most tastes. But this doesn’t need to be magnolia or white from floor to ceiling in every single room. If you want to make your rental property, holiday let, or development project stand out from competitors, it’s time to start thinking about the use of colour.

I'd be interested to hear how many of our landlords stick to white walls, or how many are moving towards more stylised properties?

You can read our top tips on choosing colour here: https://www.propertyforum.com/using-colour-in-property

DC_ColorReader_BannerAds_2400x1350px_EN.jpg

F

FWL

This seems like a perfect piece of kit! I wonder why nobody has done anything like this before? It's so easy and allows you to perfectly match colours.

A

AleesLLD

I like the idea of allowing tenants the chance to decorate their own property as it gives them an element of freedom but I understand the white walls. I'll definitely be considering this app in the future though.

F

FWL

Interesting idea, giving your tenants the chance to decorate the property. Who would pay for this?

J

Jim S

Its also wise to do the floor and carpet when you color your wall

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
What is the current "trend" in flooring?

D

decamagum

The priority of neutral colors is because bright colors distract people

Last edited:
B

bernetec

The priority of neutral colors is because bright colors distract people from the most important thing, and therefore bright colors are most often used even in advertising by non - professionals. As for the premises, bright colors will distract workers from work, which will negatively affect labor productivity. Therefore, when I was choosing a coworking for myself, I chose https://workinpeace.io/, these rooms are conveniently equipped for work with everything necessary, but there is also an ideal color scheme to tune in to work.