Useful Hurghada Info

queenie40something

queenie40something

I have also posted info and prices about transfers and trips in Hurghada in the transfer post

Y

YVETTE

Hi, we are relocating to El Gouna in the next 2 weeks and are looking to buy a cheapish car or to rent one for the first month, can anyone help with either cheap car hire (we have been quoted £400 a month) or does any one have a cheap car to sell????? Look forward to your replies yvette

A

awahee123

Banned
I think you will find cars are more or less about the same price as in the uk.

R

redseasound

hi yvette, i rent a 2008 mitsubishi lancer for 2500 LE a month, you can get something smaller for 2000 LE, i can give you the number if you like, the guy speaks great english. 400 sterling is to much!

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
I need to rent a car when I come out on the 25th so would appreciate the telephone number of your contact redseasound. I will be moving out later this year and may well rent for a few months so this would be useful.

R

redseasound

His name is Ahmed number 012 240 1993 or you could try Hisham of Coupe Rentals who has an office next to Roma Hotel on 0121663389. Didnt think but obviously I rent my long term so dont be surprised if your rate is a little higher but remember it's winter so you can haggle with these guys, they all have lots of cars sitting around...

queenie40something

queenie40something

El Ghouna bus company

Hi all

I have just read that with immediate effect only 4 foreigners can travel on any one bus at the same time!

D

dave99

What about insurance

hi yvette, i rent a 2008 mitsubishi lancer for 2500 LE a month, you can get something smaller for 2000 LE, i can give you the number if you like, the guy speaks great english. 400 sterling is to much!
Seems a good price for long term rental:

What insurance do you get
- how many drivers can you have,
- what about excess amount you have to pay for all those accidents.
- does it cover maintenance / loan car etc

D

dave99

This sounds crazy

Hi all

I have just read that with immediate effect only 4 foreigners can travel on any one bus at the same time!
THat means a single family of 5 will always be stopped - sounds daft to me - where is the source for this info.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Hiring a People Carrier?

I need to hire a people carrier to go to Marsa Alam. Anyone got any contacts?
What can I expect to pay for a car and driver for the day?

L

lyndsay552

Queenie, Did you read the main story on that website? 6000 people killed every year on Egypts Roads!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Lyndsay - scary isnt it. I read that Egypt has the highest fatality rate in the world!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

I need to hire a people carrier to go to Marsa Alam. Anyone got any contacts?
What can I expect to pay for a car and driver for the day?
Hi Peter dont know what prices will be but try emailing [email protected] at geocities. They do transfers and may be able to provide this service for you.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Peter

Found this

Our Travel agency own a two tourism cars (air-conditioned minibuses 11 seats - Model 2002 & 2003),so we can provide for you a transfer from resort in Egypt to other by private air-conditioned car - tourism license and driver. Also you can hire a tourism car for half day, full day or night dinner.

Quality of service. Air-conditioned car or minibus, assistant of our representatives all over Egypt and from your location in Egypt direct to the new location in the other resort in Egypt.

Please check our price list for Egypt transfer by a private car from the major Tourist airports and resorts in Egypt.

Description per car Max. 7 persons Duration
Half day $ 20 4 hours
Full day $ 38 8 hours
Late dinner $ 18 3 hours

From Cairo to Per car Max. 7 persons/per way or vice verse Distance/Duration
Alexandria $ 65 230 km/3 hours
Siwa Oasis $ 165 780 km/8 hours
Bahariya Oasis $ 95 365 km/4 hours
Ain Sokhna $ 56 110 km/01 hour
Hurghada $ 125 480 km/5 hours
Sharm El Sheikh $ 135 560 km/6 hours
Saint Catherine $ 130 450 km/5 hours
Dahab $ 155 670 km/7 hours
Minia $ 85 310 km/3h.30

From Hurghada to Per car Max. 7 persons/per way or vice verse Distance/Duration
Gouna $ 30 25 km/20 min.
Soma Bay $ 35 40 km/35 min.
Makadi Bay $ 30 30 km/25 min.
Quoseir $ 55 135 km/01h.30
Marsa Alam $ 90 310 km/3 hours

From Luxor to Per car Max. 7 persons/per way or vice verse Distance/Duration
Aswan $ 105 260 km/3 hours
Hurghada $ 115 280 km/3 hours

From Sharm El Sheikh to Per car Max. 7 persons/per way or vice verse Distance/Duration
Dahab $ 50 100 km/ 01h.15
Taba $ 95 208 km/02h.30
Saint Catherine $ 95 230 km/02h.30

For more than 7 persons or group contact us.

see Egypt car - rent car Egypt

D

dave99

Found it

Took a long time to find it on this web-site - it is very slow.

The message is not very clear about what routes - do you think it is maybe only the long distance routes - if not this is serious bad news for non-egyptians not "in town" wanting to travelling up and down the coast road towards El Gouna and all those new resorts on this long road

- good news for taxis I think

D

dave99

How many in Hurghada

Like many countries the most problems are in the highly populated areas - these are near the Med for Egypt, particularly Cairo.

If you ever get to the outskirts of Hurghada, north or south, you start to ask yourself why have they built a dual carriageway - there is virtually no traffic to have an accident with.

Except the one coming the wrong way down the road with no lights on at night that is !!!!

A

awahee123

Banned
Lol yes you are right It's amazing how they don't put on their headlights at night,Anybody know why?...

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Thanks for this Queenie - very useful.