Useful Hurghada Info

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I got a quote for under £100 per annum for building and contents from a firm in the UK.

D

dave99

Group policy

Hi I got a quote for under £100 per annum for building and contents from a firm in the UK.
We have a quote for our whole complex of 24 apartments, as a group policy including common areas for buildings and contents for about £1000 pa, so split across all owners is really good deal then I think.

A

awahee123

Banned
Group Insurance

We have a quote for our whole complex of 24 apartments, as a group policy including common areas for buildings and contents for about £1000 pa, so split across all owners is really good deal then I think.

That's very reasonable Who was that with queenie.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi I have had a previous quote from Intasure they weren't that good i'm afraid I suppose it depends on size of apartment and value of contents to be insured,really.Sorry m aybove message was meant for dave99.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dave99

Was it for a Single apartment

Hi I have had a previous quote from Intasure they weren't that good i'm afraid I suppose it depends on size of apartment and value of contents to be insured,really.Sorry m aybove message was meant for dave99.
Was it for a Single apartment - price not good for this but seemed good as a a group.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi,
Yes it was for a single apartment,I will try and get a few people together for our development and see if we can make a saving.

D

dave99

Need to cover common areas

Hi,
Yes it was for a single apartment,I will try and get a few people together for our development and see if we can make a saving.
Need to cover common areas if the owners are buying as shared freehold then you area all responsible for more than you own space, UNLESS the developer has contracted with you to maintain everythinf else himself ???

If there is a management company taking you maint fee then you have real no idea of what is covered by insurance unless you already have a copy of the group policy for the building.

If you have not already seen the insurance policy for ALL of the building whilst it's being built you are ALL running a big risk if something happens prior to you starting your own policy.

A

awahee123

Banned
I believe the maintenance company are responsible for communal areas will double check,however i'm sure they are.

D

dave99

Vital that you have wrtitten confirmation

I believe the maintenance company are responsible for communal areas will double check,however i'm sure they are.

Vital that you have written confirmation that it is FULLY INSURED not maintained this is VERY different.

Your apartment owns a share of the common bits - the maint company does not, or maybe they do in which case it's anyone guess what will happen.

A

awahee123

Banned
Yes I'll check that out as I know theres also a piece about the whole building and grounds being owned by everybody for the reson of the freehold I think.

P

philthecar

how long does it take to get to cairo and luxor by bus from hurghada and how much english money would it cost.

A

awahee123

Banned
Re fares

how long does it take to get to cairo and luxor by bus from hurghada and how much english money would it cost.

Hi philthecar,

Have a look at the first page on this thread post by queenie it's got some times and fares for buses to Cairo etc.

P

philthecar

thanks for that. We are really looking forward to spending more time in hurghada/egypt

A

awahee123

Banned
I think you will love it I certainly do,can't wait till my property is ready,hopefully in the new year.

queenie40something

queenie40something

thanks for that. We are really looking forward to spending more time in hurghada/egypt
Hi Phil you must do Luxor it is amazing and there is so much to see. Also if you have kids then they will enjoy a day at the Titanic waterpark in Hurghada - great fun for all the family.

queenie40something

queenie40something

..it takes about 4 hours by road to Luxor. You can get flights with Egyptair to Cairo for about £40 return and it only takes an hour ( by road about 7 I think ). If you go I have an email address for a cheap reliable guide in Cairo who comes with driver and air con vehicle and also driver in Luxor that will take you around all the sights in Luxor all day for just £15 and thats per car not person. If you book flights do it online in the UK with Egyptair and make sure you pick the cpuntry as Egypt in drop down box in right hand corner and not UK as you will get cheaper prices. The weather should be about 70 - 75 and you should get a good tan.
There are also organised bus trips to Cairo and Luxor as well as by plane but you will pay alot more.