USA - Property Investment

A

Aussieinvestor

I am looking at investing in the property market in the USA. Mainly testing the waters with low end properties which seem to rent well. As allways the dealer / brokers paint a very goo picture. I was after some feed back on anyone that has bought property recently.

Some of the agents I am thinkming of dealing with are:
Dollar Property Invesment
My USA Property
Colossal Property Investment
House Buyers USA

Any news or feed back would be great.

Cheers

P

Prop-erty

I am looking at investing in the property market in the USA. Mainly testing the waters with low end properties which seem to rent well. As allways the dealer / brokers paint a very goo picture. I was after some feed back on anyone that has bought property recently.

My USA Property
House Buyers USA

Cheers
There's also Remax.

O

oregon woodsmoke

I'm not familiar with the companies you name.

You seriously want good advice? Pick a few towns, study what they are about on the internet, and then go there and pick out your own property. Interview the local management companies and pick your own.

That way, you can see exactly what you are getting and you aren't paying a big fee to a company whose job is to take as much of your money as they can get.

Nearly every large town, and many small towns in the USA, has their own Craigslist. Start reading the real estate for sale and the rentals available in your chosen town, and then you will have a vague idea about what prices are to buy and how much rent you can get.

More good advice? Join one or two of the discussion forums that are specifically for American real estate investors. Listen and learn. Ask questions. Get advice about whether or not an area is good to invest in. Read old notes; good investment areas and prices are discussed frequently. (try bigger pockets or rei club. For rentals join mr landlord)

I tell you what. I won't even buy a camera without checking it out carefully before I buy. I can't imagine paying real estate prices for something I haven't seen, on a stranger's recomendation.

O

omanproperty

property in USA is also dead now that's why investment in USA is good

mortgagegirl

mortgagegirl

Toronto Mortgage Broker

Despite the world crisis, we can still purchase our own home with a flexible rate and low interest rate. There is still hope for a bright future.

J

JamesRoberts

Figures released last week from the National Association of Realtors suggest that things are looking up again in the US property market, of course there is no knowing how sustained that will be, but it is the first real positive news for a while.

Are you looking at just traditional rental schemes, or have you looked at Section 8 tenant property too?

internext

internext

US investment

I am just about to invest a significant amount in US property. Can tell you a few things about the different markets.

Some markets have not really dropped that much, and are already recovering.

Some areas such as much of Florida were totally decimated, and at times property in Fort Lauderdale for example was going for $25k when it previously sold for $250k. The same properties to build would cost more than $100k. So it has to come up. In fact it already has to some degree. The bargain basement properties are harder to find, however there are still a large number of foreclosures coming onto the market.

The key with buying a low priced house is can you rent it (and will the renters pay the rent). If you buy a house for $25 to 60k, then it usually will need some work. So you can't just buy it and rent it straight away. That's the problem with long distance buying. Plus you need to refurbish it in a nice manner, otherwise it will not rent or only rent at a lower amount and attract lower quality tenants.

Lots more to discuss, but I think the best thing is just to keep researching. ideally go over for a few months.

J

JamesRoberts

If you are looking to manage the whole process right down to the renovation (if needed) and rental and so on, then certainly an extended amount of time in the US would be advised to get the job done, however there is always the option of using a management company to take care of the whole thing. They will charge for this is some form or another, but provided they are well established with good track record they can be worth their weight in gold.

Like many investments, it's all down to how much time you have to put in to the deal, and the value you place on that time.

M

mogsie

Hi First post - I invested recently with Colossal Property Investments and bought a property in Michigan USA. The service was very good and the process was relatively straight forward. The actual end cost was less than originally quoted which is always refreshing

A

andyphillip

When you buy, have your financing all arranged before you make an offer on a property. When selling, don't attempt to sell to any buyer who doesn't have the money to pay for the property.

M

madison85

When you buy, have your financing all arranged before you make an offer on a property. When selling, don't attempt to sell to any buyer who doesn't have the money to pay for the property.
that is absolutly good advice especially if your selling as you dont to help cause another meltdown.
investing in property in America should be easier as long as you have money to invest which the country needs

J

Johnwilson

USA market is very big market for investment. You can get good profits. Thanks

Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker

Investing in the US is very easy if you've got the money. You'll just have to research the particular property or area so that you'll have your ROI in the future..Good luck!

R

Raresaturn

The word I've been hearing is steer clear on investing in USA property unless you're prepared to actually go over there and test the waters yourself.

V

vincet veritas

Right Support Team

It's more than just testing the waters. Yes you not only have to see what is there but also have to have the right team on the ground to support you when you are not there. Having the right support team is critical to your success. Whenever we look for a new location to invest in, that is what we set up first. This is usually don through word of mouth contacts and with forum advice.
Cheers,
Geoff W

The word I've been hearing is steer clear on investing in USA property unless you're prepared to actually go over there and test the waters yourself.

V

vincet veritas

Purchased Property in Texas

Yes, we have purchased property in Texas. Used a broker as well but not one on your list. We are happy with the outcome and are looking at purchasing more.
Happy to give you any feedback.
Cheers,
Geoff W

My USA Property
House Buyers USA

Cheers

R

Raresaturn

Jersey City in Greater New York Metropolitan area is an exceptional area for investment. It is considerable cheaper with prices starting from just USD265,000 for a high specification development.

The location of Jersey City is excellent - just 30 minutes to Wall Street and is a quicker commute to Wall Street than from Central Park and Times Square.
What's the social-economic climate like there?

M

Miley Tipton

hi,
Well just don't trust any agent blindly, inquire the related aspects on your own, and mind you agent takes commission from both the side, so be very careful while investing..

V

vincet veritas

Hi Aussie Investor,
The brokers you have listed appear to be Australian brokers. Global Property Deals is another you could try as we have had success with them in the past. They focus on Texas. My USA Property have had some good press as well.
Cheers,
Geoff W