Unrealistic prices for services

R

RAVYAR

To all who read these forums especaily those in business within any area in Egypt especailly Hurghada.

Lots of us Brits who visit and who have semi retired in Egypt. Do so for a variety of reasons. One of them being value for money. Having lived in Hurghada for the last five years. I, along with close friends have noticed the hike in prices for hotels, car hire and various services that we tourists use when on holiday. I have recently been trying to organise a trip to my favourite hotel in Luxor, only to find that their prices have risen considerably. Car hire as also risen in price, and so have other sevices that are used my me and many of my friends. A word of warning. We have our own austerity problems back in our own country. If these crazy price rises continue. Please note that the world is a big place and we will look for another Egypt were our money goes further. We fully appreciate that Egypt requires hard currencey in light of its problems, but do not look to us to provide you with more than what we are comforatable with, Think long and hard before you artificailly raise prices because in the end it will put tourists off.

Brucey Baby.:tee:

S

shilly

it must be a ripple effect.One would think that to get tourists back into Egypt the first thing they would do is to make flights and prices more frequent AND cheaper.

Then the next prob is for those Egyptians that us owners have placed trust in by giving them work whether it would be transfer services,plumbing etc etc.thus enabling them to have a better standard of living NOT to think that they can start to rip us off cos it does not work.We will always find someone who will do it cheaper .Take heed there are too many rip off merchants in the UK we can see you coming a mile off so its either our business or bust:banghead:

R

RAVYAR

A freind of mine as just emailed an hotel in Luxor for a two night stay in a room for three adults. He as been quoted £86 more than a holiday website as quoted. Which again is £84 more than he paid on his last visit in October 2010.If this hiking of prices continues to try and acheive more hard currency for the indiginous people then it will be a long time before the tourists return. We are not a charity, In light of the fact that there are no tourists because of the situation. I ask the Egyptain busines and tourist industry to start using your brains and reduce prices not vastly inflate them.