ad

Underpinning

S

shina

Hi,

I wanted to know if I go to see a house (potential investment) does the real estate agent who show me the house must tell me all the deficiency/faults in the house with emphasis on underpinning? or it's my problem to spot it? either myself or the valuation/solicitor I'm paying for? is it legal to "hide" it from a potential buyer?

Thank you

J

Jonathan Rolande

Problems should not be hidden, however I would not rely on any owner or agent completely. Use your solicitor and surveyor to find out for sure.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. It's important (and could provide a very valuable spend of money) to do your own independent research with a survey. Agents and owners have an obligation to disclose any known problems about a property, but having your own expert take a look can help avoid any unforeseen future problems. If taking an initial look around a property (where you might not want to spend out for a survey just yet),you could always take a builder with you for a neutral opinion, but one you know personally / have worked with in the past would be best.