Umm Al Quwain Marina by Emaar - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vpmollinger

We may have to make the best of 'living in the 'middle of nowhere'. If many of the purchasers live there we can support each other (and keep pressure on Emaar -and UaQ government). There is a sailing club nearby, the airport is only half an hour away, Carrefour 15 to 20 minutes and last year we drove from UaQ Marina to Palm Jumeira in 45 minutes! More and more sophisticated local shops would be an advantage, but I noticed quite a few large villas being built on the way to UaQ Marina (probably for locals) which shows some still have faith in the area.

V

vpmollinger

My wife wonders if somebody wants to start a Costa coffee shop?

I think this was No 5.

V

vpmollinger

After receiving, too late, Emaar's letter of yet another delay I wrote to them and had the following response:

Thank you for contacting our Customer Care Department with regard to the above mentioned property and for your continuous follow up your concerns. It is always been our pleasure to answer our customers enquiries and clarify their concerns.

Further to your concerns, Please be assured that your case has been looked into to ensure that it is dealt with to the standard you require, and after careful deliberation we would like to inform you of the following.

The Completion Date mentioned in your Sales Agreement is identified as the estimated completion date, while under Clause 3.2 of your Sales Agreement whereas “The Vendor shall within 12 months prior to the Estimated Completion Date advice the Purchaser of the designated completion date for completion of construction and handover of the Unit (the “Completion Date”). The Vendor may at its option on notice to the Purchaser given prior to one (1) month before the Completion Date extend the Completion Date to such dates as advised by the Vendor from time to time…”.

Based on the above mentioned, we regret to inform you that your request for termination of your UAQ Marina villa (No.) property with refund of the payment made has been denied, as it does not comply with our Company Policy and the Sales Agreement duly signed by you.

I trust this clarifies our final position with this regard, we apologize for any inconvenience and regret not being able to further assist you on this matter. For any other enquires or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on Emaar Customer Care on [email protected] +971 4 3661688 or toll free 800-EMAAR (36227)

Kind regards,

Jihad Kadri

Customer Care Executive

Emaar Dubai Customer Care

Last edited:
B

BlackAngus

Dear vpmollinger,
As you may have noticed through some if these postings, we've formed a group and trying to get our rights recognized by Emaar. Should you be interested in joining, please drop me a private message with your personal email and relevant contact info.

Regards,
Blackangus

V

vpmollinger

Dear vpmollinger,
As you may have noticed through some if these postings, we've formed a group and trying to get our rights recognized by Emaar. Should you be interested in joining, please drop me a private message with your personal email and relevant contact info.

Regards,
Blackangus
Dear BlackAngus,

Thank you for your message.

How do I send a 'private' message? If I just answer, like now, is that private or not?

Last edited:
B

BlackAngus

To send a private message you need to "log in" your account and click on Private Messages (top right corner underneath the "welcome vpmollinger" line. Then it is like email, just post me (blackangus) a message with your contact info and I'll reply to your email.

M

Mistral4now

Anybody out there?

Hi all,

Was wondering if there is still a group of 'UAQ Marine' owners? Just discovered this thread and as things seem to get moving it might be time for action. Let us know. Thanks

R

redarrow

UAQ Marina group

Hi all,

Was wondering if there is still a group of 'UAQ Marine' owners? Just discovered this thread and as things seem to get moving it might be time for action. Let us know. Thanks
We have a group of about fifteen owners and have met up and put together a letter which we have sent to Emaar expressing our concerns and asking for a meeting with them. As yet they haven't replied. Some members who have the Amlak mortgage are planning a visit to Emaar and Amlak on Saturday. We are all waiting to hear whether we will have a completion date of December, 31st we should receive notification by end of this month.
We welcome new members so keep posting so I can pass on contact details to you.

B

BlackAngus

Mistra4Now, if you post another comment you will be able to receive private messages. I could then contact you and exchange email addresses.

BlackAngus

M

Mistral4now

Mistra4Now, if you post another comment you will be able to receive private messages. I could then contact you and exchange email addresses.

BlackAngus
Have been posting several times but am still a junior member... Will wait and see

W

we-must-have-been-stupid

Umm Al Quwain Marina By Emaar

Hi all,

I just came accross this blog and I'd like to join you as I bought 3 villas in Umm Al Quwain Marina.

R

redarrow

Great, can you post a few more times so that you become an active member. We can then exchange contact numbers and I can put you in touch with our group spokesperson.

W

we-must-have-been-stupid

posting some more

Hi,

No has mentioned that there is still no Electricity or water down there?

W

we-must-have-been-stupid

I recieved the new letter stating that they will now hand over on the 20th Feb 2011.
has everyone else had this??

T

Thomas123

hi i also have bought a property along with a friend who owns 5 villas in the same project.
Went to see emaar and they refered me to the clause 3.2. they have until sept 2011 to handover beofre any refund or compensation.

T

Thomas123

Also mentioned to them i paid extra at the time of launch for a lake view and there is no lake at all. Again they refered to the contract and it doesnt state anything about a lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.