UK property prices up for sixth month in a row, latest index shows

Discussion in 'UK Property' started by Nicholas Wallwork, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]Annual house price inflation in the UK is positive for the first time*since March 2008 after the latest monthly index shows values up for the*sixth month in a row, although the pace of growth is slowing.

There are also concerns that prices could dip due to the UK still being*in a recession and the stamp duty holiday on properties valued at £175,000*or less due to finish at the end of the year.

[​IMG] Click Here to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to UK property prices up for sixth month in a row, latest index shows

2. andrewsmith

andrewsmith New Member

Still, prices of properties are high in UK. Because I wanted to buy property for my son there!

3. Jimferguson42

Jimferguson42 New Member

prices too high to jump in right now

I think the prices are still to high to jump in, especially when the banks not extending credit to most people. I would however buy into a property if the owner is selling at least 10% below market value.

4. romaniapromo

romaniapromo New Member

The most recent survey to be launched - it has also become the most authoritative.

The Land Registry, which records all completed property sales in England & Wales, is now publishing a monthly report on house prices, in addition to its quarterly survey.

5. Roz

Roz New Member

Totally agree, better to be safe than sorry.

Roz

PortfolioGate . com

6. Roz

Roz New Member

Isn't it great property prize is on the up 6 months in a row?

Roz

PortfolioGate . com

7. nyebe

nyebe New Member

I hope the real estate in UK will offer a cheap price and low interest rate for buyers.