ad

UK property prices still up, as official govt figures record 0.3% rise in August

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Residential real estate prices in parts of the UK are still rising with an increase of 0.3% in August, according to the latest government figures to be published.

The Land Registry date for August, which records actual sales in England and Wales, shows that the average house price rose to £167,423, a 6.7% annual rise.

Click Here to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to UK property prices still up, as official govt figures record 0.3% rise in August

B

bkkguy

Is it still increasing at this very moment?
You need more than a moment to judge property price increases. But prices seem to have fallen slightly recently. That's to be expected. Property prices don't usually move up continuously month after month just after a recession. The property market will continue to be a bit bumpy, but I think it's on it's way to recovery. It might take another year or two to properly pick up though. But it's at times of uncertainty that the best bargains are around.

S

stymie

recession

bkk guy,

are you suggesting we are out of the recession??
this mess will take years to clear up and anyone who thinks house prices are rising overall in the UK is dreaming.
selective pocket areas are holding their own - london is severely masking the rising figures - take london out of the equation and you will see a general slump.
good point raised though about buying in a depressed market - i would still wait another year though - tough times are on their way,

You need more than a moment to judge property price increases. But prices seem to have fallen slightly recently. That's to be expected. Property prices don't usually move up continuously month after month just after a recession. The property market will continue to be a bit bumpy, but I think it's on it's way to recovery. It might take another year or two to properly pick up though. But it's at times of uncertainty that the best bargains are around.