UK power of Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Demoniise

Hi,

I want to know if there is an easier way to get a power of attorney done in the UK that will work in Dubai. Currently on the UAE embassy website it says you have to get the document Notarized at a UK solictor who can do Oaths etc and then get it legalized at the foreign & commonwealth Office and then take it to the bloody arabs at their embassy for legalisation.

Is their an easier way to do this and less costyl. Bloody arabs

W

Wannaberich

No easy way.Firstly make sure the P.O.A document is in english and arabic.There is a bulk standard form available.Get it notarised.The notary will send it to the commonwealth office
who in turn will send it to the UAE embassy and vice versa.I think it will cost around £120-140
in total.

K

khindson

We have just had our power of attorney sorted out so that Exclusive UAE can deal with our handover and management of the property.

They forwarded a power of attorney to us which was in both Arabic and English. We then took this to a local Notary who witnessed our signatures and forwarded it to one of there agents in London who dealt with the embassy in London adn notarization proof in Milton Keynes. They have now sent it back to our notary and we have sent it by courier today to Exclusive UAE in Dubai.

Total cost of the Notary was £150.00. Cost of the agent was £150.00.
Cost of forwarding by Courier to Dubai £14.00.

Total time taken - 1 week.

I think that there is also a small charge in Dubai when our agents taken the document to the court in Dubai of around AED150 however this would have been AED2000 if we had not had it in arabic as well as English.

We thought that it was going to be a real hassle but in the end it was really simple and I am sure that there will be a notary in your local area - most solicitors offices will have one.

D

Demoniise

hi,

Can you send me a copy of the P.O.A copy? I have email Exclsive but still no response yet. My email address is demoniise at yahoo dot co dot uk

K

khindson

Sorry but cant - my copy has personal info on as it was customised to us (such as name, address and passport number etc.)

Have you highlighted to Exclusive that you are looking for an agent to act on your behalf or are you just wanting a copy of a POA?

They are unlikely to respond really unless they think that you are interested in becoming a client of theirs!

Status
Not open for further replies.