ad

UK or European real estate, which offers best value?

• Thread starter Longterminvestor
  • Start date
L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Do you believe there is more long-term potential in UK real estate or European real estate? The recent decision to exit the European Union could well set the UK free to negotiate better trade deals and attract greater long-term foreign investment. Which market do you prefer?

D

dasimond

In my opinion, UK seems to be a good catch with the pounds weaken, with the property price dropping. Some may feel it will go down further, well we will never knows when is the bottom, by the time we knows it, will be over.

I believe the UK government will have ways and mean to push up their economic in times to come.

Thats my personal point of view.

K

kchiggs

I think
1) foreign real estate gives a good option for returns with lower cash outlay(cheaper property, similar returns) same investment amount allows you to hedge and be more diversified.
2) Given how EU membership always causes an immediate rise in property (plenty of investors who buy up in candidate companies to make a quick buck selling after
membership, while maintaining rental income, on or just after Brexit day there will be a dip in prices correlated with how hard brexit was.
2a) If migrants don't get to stay then their demand will transfer pushing UK prices down and EU ones up
3) Over the long term Brexit could push prices either way up or down
4) London will be affected by Brexit far more than rest of UK (Most of the EU migrants are there)
5) Scotland will probably be the least affected, unless there is capital flight of London investors into a safe haven.

N

nmb

There could be some very interesting European Union property plays in the short to medium term. There is already talk of fast tracking membership for those on the verge of joining the EU although the likelihood is that property prices will already reflect the expected massive increase in investment these countries will expect. However, bearing in mind that the UK was a net contributor to the EU budget, will the European Union be as keen to give so much money away in the future?