ad

UK mortgage for acquiring French property (below 60k)

A

Angel Sanchez

Hi everyone,

I am 35 yrs old, Spanish, with permanent job living in the UK for the past 8 years. Recently I've been looking into French property. It's a place that has always attracted me and the property offer in the country attracts me more. During my last trip over there I had some viewings in properties ranging between 40000-60000 Euros.
I decided to get into the next stage and go for one of them so I started to look for ways to finance the 'maison'. I thought "well, given my conditions I think I could comfortably get a mortgage for that price". But it's not the case.

After some research I found out that the best, or more plausible way, would be to try though French banks. The problem is that these don't even contemplate to look my case because the house is below 100k. Below that price there's no way to finance it. I then looked 'loans' but the APR% is outrageous and the years of repayment (normally to a maximum of 7 years) made me discard this possibility.

I'm now trying to look for ways of financing it here from the UK. So my question is:

Is there any UK financial entity which contemplate these cases at all, meaning: 28k salary, permanent job in a stablished firm, without family charges, minimal renting expense, etc?

Is there any way of getting a small mortgage with similar conditions as the average mortgages given in 'normal' circumstances?

I've been referred to Simon Conn as the reference entity that manages overseas mortgages but the problem remains the same because they redirect you to French banking and, as I said previously, no mortgage below 100k. The particularity in my case (and probably one of the reasons why I haven't found yet any information neither here nor anywhere) is the price of the houses I'm after, as I said, between 40-60k.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Angel Sanchez