Trusted Property Developer, Lawyer needed, Hurghada

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mgsteveb

Banned
Hi All.

I signed 3 copies of a contract for 2 apartments with a Lawyer in Hurghada in June this year. Despite repeated requests for a copy of the contract from the Lawyer and the Sales Agent I have not received one.

I paid £980 for connection of electricity/water in June as well. After research it appears this charge is questionable. I asked the lawyer and sales agent for an explanation but they did not give me one.

Three weeks later I was asked to pay £1500 for electric from the hall to the apartments. I questioned this as the contract stated it was the builder’s responsibility.

The Sales Agent has since stopped communication and the Lawyer is demanding £1200 for the registration.

Is there one honest person in Hurghada that can help?

M

Madgiz

I think I would consider flying over to Egypt to speak to some of these people in person even if only to bang some heads together..

2F2F

Hi All.

I signed 3 copies of a contract for 2 apartments with a Lawyer in Hurghada in June this year. Despite repeated requests for a copy of the contract from the Lawyer and the Sales Agent I have not received one.

I paid £980 for connection of electricity/water in June as well. After research it appears this charge is questionable. I asked the lawyer and sales agent for an explanation but they did not give me one.

Three weeks later I was asked to pay £1500 for electric from the hall to the apartments. I questioned this as the contract stated it was the builder’s responsibility.

The Sales Agent has since stopped communication and the Lawyer is demanding £1200 for the registration.

980 pounds to connect electricity and water??? That's insane.

D

dougaldon

Electric

You have been scammed.

Paying £980 for connection of electricity/water alone is one of the signs that you have been scammed.

How much would it cost to have electric meter fitted by goverment ?

D

dave99

I have an answer for you

Hi
send me a private message and I'll send you the details for a trustworthy non-Egyptian lawyer who is fluent in English / Arabic and knows the way things work, will talk with you on Skype, send you emails, etc etc. Makes live a lot easier and less stressfull, and you know that your interests are being looked after, and he lives and works in Hurghada.

Hi All.

C

CMChris

Is this at GEORGE BUILDING ? Well I will never ever trust anyone in anything , I will be going to sign and rent an apartment in January so when in March or April I will move I will do it through a lawyer and will go to the Government offices to be sure that it is all legal.
I have been comunicating with a lady from George Building in Hurghada her name is Monika George where she says that she is the owner . I will not pay her a penny unless everything is 1000% legal .
I will go look at it first and then see what .I learned one thing in my life not to trust any one even not my wife ....... I moved to Lebanon from the USA and have been scammed so many times. I will never ever trust an Arab , Even though I am one of them , I grew in the USA and learned honesty , where in the middle east bunch of thieves , I have lost over $30.000.00 in the last 2 years and still get scammed , Here is the land of scammers , thieves where you can't trust anyone , sometimes you think that you can't even trust your self ...
Be careful , go fight the hell out of them and get your money back . Egypt is not that expensive to hook up Electricity and other services other wise 80% of the poor population will have no electricity or water .
Careful my friend , Hate when someone steels a penny from me .
Hope that you will resolve it soon and kick there arses real bad.
Regards
Farnky1
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you seem familiar! Have I seen your posts on The EGYPT Search forum????

C

CMChris

Yep, this fella has just threatned and abused me by PM because I didn't want to rent him my apartment............nice eh!
If I remember rightly he caused a lot of problems on the ESF and was caught out telling porkies

D

dave99

Cost for electric meter

Hi

Whats the problem - we had electric meters fitted by the electric company for about £50 each, for the whole building. May cost more as a one off.

The problem for you may be that you will not be allowed to get access to the mains supply if you do not have full proof of your ownership of your apartment, or if the developer will not grant access to the mains supply.

How much would it cost to have electric meter fitted by goverment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.