Trips and tours to Rio from Natal

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nickohorny

Hi

For all of you that live in Natal, can you let me know if you can do a trip to Rio from their? A friend of mine did it for 3 days from Recife, he said it included flights and accom.

If you could point me to a website or let me know of a local tour operator who provides this that would be fab.

Thanks

M

michaelbush

Hi

For all of you that live in Natal, can you let me know if you can do a trip to Rio from their? A friend of mine did it for 3 days from Recife, he said it included flights and accom.

If you could point me to a website or let me know of a local tour operator who provides this that would be fab.

Thanks
Hi Nick
You can try THomsons - they operate to Natal and also offer a trip to Rio - s you can see a little more of the country. Thomsons operate for the winter only (summer here) until april. Alternatively probably First Choice who go to Salvadore will also offer a trip.

N

nickohorny

Hi Nick
You can try THomsons - they operate to Natal and also offer a trip to Rio - s you can see a little more of the country. Thomsons operate for the winter only (summer here) until april. Alternatively probably First Choice who go to Salvadore will also offer a trip.
Thanks Michael

You are correct, Thomson offer a 2 night / 3 day trip with hotel. Around £500 pp. I may try organise my own trip with flights from TAM who I checked out and it seems alot cheaper!

Thanks.

N

nickohorny

Hi Nick
Thanks Michael

You are correct, Thomson offer a 2 night / 3 day trip with hotel. Around £500 pp. I may try organise my own trip with flights from TAM who I checked out and it seems alot cheaper!

Thanks.

M

michaelbush

Thanks Michael

Thanks.
I did not know the prices with Thomsons, but am sure you will get a better deal direct with Tam or Gol. You my even get the same hotel that THomson use!

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
We caught TAM one way and Gol the other, flights costs about 100€ p.p. all up we then stayed at a place called the Arpoador Inn in Ipanema which is beachfront and a good price ($USD 95 pn). Get the beachside or internal rooms as the road is too noisy. I wouldn't bother staying in Copacabana if you can't or don't want to stay in Ipanema, try Leblon instead.

Tours can be arranged by the hotel. We did an all day trip and saw all the major attractions plus a few that weren't worth seeing, but it was good value and included lunch at a half decent restaurant.

You can walk around during the day without problems, but after 9 pm, stick to the cabs, even for walking from Leblon to Ipanema.

We went to Rio with some friends from Natal who used to live there so they took us to quite a few places that we wouldn't have gone to otherwise. If you want I will try and remember the names of the restaurants and clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.