Transfers

L

lyndsay552

I'm in the process of booking a holiday for the end of January and have found that its cheaper to book the flights and hotels separately. But then we have no transfer. Is it easy enough to get a taxi from the airport or are they very expensive?

Many Thanks

Lyndsay

SHO

SHO

You can pick up a taxi from the airport (be warned...30 year old Peugeots at the airport) :D

Where abouts are you going in HUrghada and I can give you an idea?

Also while in the baggage hall a few will be offering taxi services with a printed menu...they are more expensive though.

A

awahee123

Banned
It is very cheap as sho says, to get a rough price need to know where you are going from the airport,also what Hotel have you booked?.

L

lyndsay552

Looking at Sahir Hotel. Just waiting for my husband to confirm time off work. Will be using the holiday to check the place out before hopefully emigrating before the summer.

SHO

SHO

Safir?

Should be no more than 50 EGP (Even thats far too much but as a foreigner they wont accept the 15 EGP which it really costs!).

Not the nicest hotel though...great location next to Felfela.

L

lyndsay552

Thanks for that. Can you recommend a good hotel at a decent price?

SHO

SHO

Well... The Mariott just down the road is a true 5* and much better.

You can pay £36 per night per room B&B and I have been known to get it as cheap as £24!!

D

dave99

Safir Hotel

Well... The Mariott just down the road is a true 5* and much better.

You can pay £36 per night per room B&B and I have been known to get it as cheap as £24!!
I stayed at the Safir in September - the location is OK ONLY if staying in the hotel, not near much though, very quite, room size OK, I think all rooms a have a pool / sea view - small beach - food OK but not big choice. Pool was NOT heated.

You will need a taxi everytime you go out, same with the Marriott but you could just about walk to the Village road where all the shops are etc.

Always look for at least 4 star since the quoted rating is a bit open to intrepretation. The 5 star hotels will obviously be best bet but if not All In will be expensive for the extras.

Taxis very cheao compared to most countries - most bookings on th einternet can add transfers - I booked thru Travel Republic which seemed to work well - they had a great deal for me at one of the Steigenberger hotel in Hurghada whih is 4 / 5 star.

Most "good value" hotels will have mainly Eastern European guests.

L

lyndsay552

The other place we where looking at was the three corners. Has anyone stayed there?

L

lyndsay552

We are looking cheap and chearful. Definately don't want AI as we intend to move out there and want to see what its like to live in.

D

dave99

Which one

The other place we where looking at was the three corners. Has anyone stayed there?

The three corners is th name of a Hotel Chain - they have many hotels in Hurghada - which were you considering.

They have different standards since they "aquire" other hotels and re-brand.

D

dave99

What Transport ?

We are looking cheap and chearful. Definately don't want AI as we intend to move out there and want to see what its like to live in.
Will you hire a car ??

Not recommended for first time but this would make a big difference to your options.

You can get a "daily taxi", which will be almost as good if you get agood driver each day.

Cheap & Chearful is easy and the Safir will give you that and a bit more with ease. The difference is location.

Other Good value hotels better located to get to know Hurghada are near the Big MacDonalds on Sheraton Street such as Regina Style, and the Minimark.

Look on Travel Republic web-site. Try to be within 10 km of the airport otherewise you could be along way of out town in the purely tourist area.

L

lyndsay552

Empire.

We where considering hiring a car, just so we could get to see other places such as el gouna.

D

dave99

Shedwan Golden Beach ???

Had a look at Regina Style but it's all inclusive!
If you are happy with driving in the husle of Hurghada then anywhere on the outskirts would be OK - try the Shedwan Golden Beach ??? - it's on the nothern outskirts of Town (not far from my plot !!!!).

El Gouna id very very different to Hurghada - I've stayed here three times - there are good value hotle there - one I've used was the Arean Inn - it's about a 20 min drive back to Hurghada so not too good for "looking around".

El Gouna is not quite as good as Shal Hasheesh will become, but still very "quaint", but like Sahl is VERY expensive.

SHO

SHO

you could also try the aqua fun which is cheap and cheerful but right in the centre on the Sheraton Road

L

lyndsay552

an apartment seems to be more expensive than booking a hotel B&B

SHO

SHO

I think HUrghada Temple in El Kawser is 200 EGP per night for a 2 bed apartment

D

dave2u

lindsey we have stayed at the three corners triton beach resort and for the money its spot on food ok looking a little dated but spottless clean paid £87 ai in november booked april £97 so even if you eat out its still good value also in the old part of hurghada so will see plently of the culture read the reports on trip advisor