tourism

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sdgc

:cool: does anybody think that the bombing in cairo will affect egypts tourism industry in the future ?

T

t.rob

:cool: does anybody think that the bombing in cairo will affect egypts tourism industry in the future ?
hows it going m8 (richard h.... ) what do u think .

must be a pluss 4 egypt ,dont u think..........................................

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi the 1st time we flew to Sharm the bombs went off in London whilst we were at Gatiwick airport. When we were flying back from Sharm the bomb went off there. It happens all over the world unfortunately. Terrorists wont and havent stopped us from travelling. In fact we kept going back to Sharm as we love it and then bought our apartment.
Thoughts are with those that were caught up in this latest act of mindless terrorism. It is the innocent that get hurt.

N

nubianqueen

hi just glad to see that there was acknowledgement on the forum about what happened in egypt yesterday, its not just a holiday paradise real people live there with all the struggles they have, i think its something to consider for the future.

nubianqueen

iain

iain

I'm sure all our thoughts go to those killed an injured in Cairo, a mix of many nationalities. This can only damage Egypt's econonmy, but most of us will probably carry on travelling after weighing up the risks. In Uk we have lived with indesciminate bombing for most of my life and whilst you never get used to it you learn that it is just another risk in life.

Nubianqueen - I think we all feel pretty strongly about those living in Egypt and a well aware of the poverty and hard life that many endure. Hopefully tourism brings in significant funds which help support those people to some extent (though the rich will get richer too). I'm not sure that bombing has much to do with the poverty though, as driving out tourists just drives out foreighn money. It's presumably more about idealism or hatred.

It certainly won't stop me going out to Egypt.

Iain

C

CMChris

Having worked and lived in central London and seen friends injured and suffer because of the bombings there back in the 80s it certainly won't put me off. You just have to get on with life but be vigilant. So sad theses mindless people have to resort to killing innocent people trying to go about their lives as usual. Life is hard enough without this.

Status
Not open for further replies.