Tourism in Vitoria, ES

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deansp2001

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with property in this area?

There is a fairly large tourist industry there already, which mainly caters for the brazilian market, as I saw very few foreingers when I was there.

According to some people I spoke to when I was there, the current domestic airport is being rebuilt into a larger international airport, ready for the World Cup in 2014. Although Vitoria is not holding any matches they are only 300 miles from Rio De Janerio. Anyone know anything else about this?

There seems to be a fair amount of building happening, but most of the sea front is taken up with huge tower blocks already.

Im going to be building a house here to live no matter what but I was also wondering what people thought of it as an investment area? IF you travel north along the coast past Vitoria and Serra then there are hugh swathes of land begging to be devolped and it seems strange that its not been done already!

D

deansp2001

After engaging my brain and searching google in portugese I found this (translated) Victory = Vitoria. All looks promising....

Victory win new airport of international port in 2008
Businessmen, as Rômulo Roandy, one of the members of the field with Celebrity Village in New Viçosa, in the south of Bahia is one of the enthusiasts with the new venture capixaba. Businessmen, Rômulo Roandy, one of the members of the field with Celebrity Village in New Viçosa, in the south of Bahia is one of the enthusiasts with the new venture capixaba.

From eye on the growth of tourism within Brazil, the city of Vitoria inaugurará, starting from next year, the new airport, this time of international port. From eye on the growth of tourism within India, the city of Vitoria inaugurará, starting from next year, the new airport, this time of international port.

Situated in a privileged place, Victory is near to the tropical paradises most sought by tourists and Brazilians and foreigners in the country: Rio de Janeiro, to the south, in Bahia, to the north. Situated in a privileged place, Victory is near to the tropical paradises most sought by tourists and Brazilians and foreigners in the country: Rio de Janeiro, to the south, in Bahia, to the north.

The new airport in Vitoria meet a demand annual estimated at two million people, number four times higher than today. The new airport in Vitoria meet the annual demand estimated at two million people, number four times higher than today. In addition to stimulate local tourism, the enterprise will be an alternative route for tourists travelling to the southern coast Bahia, as famous for his paradisiacal beaches. In addition to stimulate local tourism, the enterprise will be an alternative route for tourists travelling to the southern coast Bahia, as famous for his paradisiacal beaches.

The entrepreneur Rômulo Roandy, one of the partners of Celebrity Village condominium, located in New Viçosa, in the south of Bahia, is one of the enthusiasts with the opening of the new airport capixaba since benefit considerably access to the region. The entrepreneur Rômulo Roandy, one of the partners of Celebrity Village condominium, located in New Viçosa, in the south of Bahia, is one of the enthusiasts with the opening of the new airport since capixaba benefit considerably access to the region. The venture is the point of the continent closer to the archipelago of Abrolhos Marino, known as one of the best places in the world to practice for diving. The venture is the point of the continent closer to the archipelago of Abrolhos Marino, known as one of the best places in the world to practice for diving.

To better explain the benefits that the new International Airport in Victoria will bring to the Brazilian tourism, in particular to the region of the Holy Spirit and south of Bahia, and the impact that will bring in the local economy. To better explain the benefits that the new International Airport in Victoria will bring to the Brazilian tourism, in particular to the region of the Holy Spirit and south of Bahia, and the impact that will bring in the local economy.

S

shawnpuett

Living in Vitoria

Yes I can tell you Vitoria is not a bad investment but the land has already gone up substantially in Vitoria and in areas like interlagos gowing towards Guarapari those are the coasts going away from Vitoria towards Rio. I saw lots for R$20-40,000. thousand on the beach in Interlagos 3 years ago forget it know they are up to R$185,000.The coasts you mentioned going north towards Bahia Serra Etc you are very right it has huge potential and if you go up further in Sao Mateus there is a beach called Gururi HUUUUUGE Potential its already growing and starting to look nice. Espirito Santo has some really beautiful places including Pedra Azul that has the 3rd best climate in the world and a 5 star resort called arose Hotel amazing! However the downside to Espirito Santo is the people they are not your normal smiling hospitable Brazilians I am speaking more of the people in Vitoria. They are very cold colder than Americans the women are pretty stuck up in general and the freindships there are basically based off closed clicks of friends. They are threatened by any newcomers even other Brazilians.They have the fear we will take whats theres. The people are very physically conscious, lots of plastic surgery and the guys have been heavily influenced by Rio using steroids and not much in the intelligence arena. So plan on a challenge in that area. However cross the bridge and go into Vila Velha and the people are allot cooler, the nicest people you will find in ES is Castelo and Colatina. Both places are hot as you will find! Something about the heat that makes the people more lively and nice I guess. If you approach a girl in Vitoria count on her not even looking at you and becoming scared, I guess because the crime is high in Vitoria. Go to Castelo or Colatina she will not only look at you but she will be very polite and educated even offering smiles and additional info you didn't ask for. Vitoria is a nice beside the fact they dump sewage in the beaches then swim in it. But I don't recommend living there unless you want to be in a bad mood like everyone that lives there. Sorry to hear you will be building a house there sincerely.

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with property in this area?

There is a fairly large tourist industry there already, which mainly caters for the brazilian market, as I saw very few foreingers when I was there.

According to some people I spoke to when I was there, the current domestic airport is being rebuilt into a larger international airport, ready for the World Cup in 2014. Although Vitoria is not holding any matches they are only 300 miles from Rio De Janerio. Anyone know anything else about this?

There seems to be a fair amount of building happening, but most of the sea front is taken up with huge tower blocks already.

Im going to be building a house here to live no matter what but I was also wondering what people thought of it as an investment area? IF you travel north along the coast past Vitoria and Serra then there are hugh swathes of land begging to be devolped and it seems strange that its not been done already!

M

Mariella

Hi RE property in Vitoria

I looked at off-plan property in Vitoria 2 years ago with a view to going in jointly with a brazilian friend, I didnt proceed at that time due to another overseas investment I had - the property that I was looking at is now built and has doubled in value!!

I disagree somewhat with what Shawnpuett was saying as I have friends from the Vitoria area who are very sweet, kind and not at all up themselves, you do however have to appreciate that in brasilian culture as a whole aesthetics are important.

My boyfriend works at a petrol company in Sao Mateus and actually lives in Guriri Beach which is beautiful, but as far as I am aware the capital growth in that area hasnt been that amazing over the last few years in comparism to other areas of Brasil, I can see how this may change in the future as I have just returned from spending Christmas and New year there and was shocked at how a quiet sleepy beachside village turned in to a really buzzing place over the holidays with loads of local people from Vitoria (which is approx 3 1/2 hours by car) coming to enjoy the new years festivities there...

D

deansp2001

Thanks for the replies....wasnt really asking what the people were like in Vitoria, and from my experience everybody I met was very friendly. Anyway back to the point...Some of the beaches north of Serra was amazing yes. When I go back there in a few weeks I intend to do a lot more exploring to see what is around and available. It would be nice if they built the internationnal airport there, but I cant see it happening for a while yet, although the current airport has started direct flights to the US, although only cargo! And you can get flights from Rio De Janerio for less than £50 and a 45 min flight. I spoke to one English property devolper in Vitoria and he was doing very well for himself, although I doubt the prices can go on increasing at the same rate, as mentioned above.

S

shawnpuett

"The point"

Sorry DEANSSP I thought this was a public forum were we could move "the point" apparently "the point" must stay on your last post topic. Im sure you will fit in just fine there. People considering buying property need to know of issues such as this. I spent 2.5 years in Vitoria not a couple of Visits and I left specificaly for the reason of the way the way the people are. Many people from the neighboring states move there and also turn right back around and move out because of the problem. ALL my friends were people from other states. I had two friends from Rio Grande do Sul who were proffesors and one just moved back because the people are so rude. Mineiras, People from Bahia, and Rio they all say the same thing and its almost impossible to get used to.. One guy told me at the beach in Vitoria from Rio that "Capixabas" ARE THE VERGONHA DO PAIS meaning the shame of the country. But thats not fair to say that because Capixaba means from the sate of Espirito Santo. I can only agree with him about the city of Vix. Its not just me, they have some serious issues that people need to be aware of before buying to live. If you like a hospitable culture Capixabas are not at all! They actually like to be rude and they never learned manners, "educacao" and the sevice is a joke. The only reason I can find for this is Vitoria is only conected to the continent of Brazil with a bridge, so they are in a way isolated from contact with the world and are really behind with people skills with very few turists. All turists that I met complain.You and Mariana are the first Ive have met that says their freindly and sweet. I tend to think Mariana is a Brazilian name and looking at her English is a confirmation. And her boyfriend is from near by Vitoria. Could it be that you are a Capixaba Mariana? Sorry if you bought a house just for the investment and are not concerned about the environment, Im sure you will do very well. And to give a tip for investors in Vitoria a sure way to double your money within 5 years is buy an apartment before it is built or completed. There are many projects to choose from at real-estate agencies.

QUOTE=deansp2001;41536]Thanks for the replies....wasnt really asking what the people were like in Vitoria, and from my experience everybody I met was very friendly. Anyway back to the point...Some of the beaches north of Serra was amazing yes. When I go back there in a few weeks I intend to do a lot more exploring to see what is around and available. It would be nice if they built the internationnal airport there, but I cant see it happening for a while yet, although the current airport has started direct flights to the US, although only cargo! And you can get flights from Rio De Janerio for less than £50 and a 45 min flight. I spoke to one English property devolper in Vitoria and he was doing very well for himself, although I doubt the prices can go on increasing at the same rate, as mentioned above.[/QUOTE]

D

deansp2001

Whoa! Sorry for causing the offence, talk about whatever you want mate, doesnt bother me, not my forum...but Im not getting into an arguement about the friendliness of the locals, im by no means an expert. :)

Who reckons this airport will be built then? Will be interesting to see what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.