Tourism in RN

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JMBroad

As you may or may not know, there is a big Tourism meeting in Natal this month, with the participation of just about everyone who is anyone related to tourism in the region certain to attend.

A friend of mine is going to be participating and generously offered to try and get an official answer to some tourism questions for me. As many of the participants here on the forums have invested in property out there and therefore have a vested interest in tourism in the region (and not least because of the heated debates we've been having on this very matter) my friend has agreed to let me ask the forumites if they have any questions they would really like an official reply on.

So... If you have a tourism question, be it regarding past, present or future, post the question here and we'll try and get a response from the "powers that be". Of course keep in mind that the answer will depend on who we get to answer the question.

So, my suggestion is that we make a list of questions and then select one or two that the majority want to see answered. For those that will be attending who read these forums, maybe you can get some of the others answered and all in all get some nice feedback.

I'm expecting several people attending to focus fire questions regarding the progress of the new airport and the football 2014 so lets be creative - don't just fire off the first thing you can think of, lets think of things which will affect our interests in the region too.

Happy brainstorming

D

Dotty

Banned
What a great idea!

I think it's extremely important that investors from overseas have some form of fundo do guarantia (which would be paid into by the developer)using a % of investors cash)held by brazilian banks .

Brasilian banks are responsible for transferring money in and out of Brasil and the authorities are responsible for planning permission,environmental issues,etc,etc on allowing building to go ahead or not,so there definately needs to be tighter checks on developers,both financial checks and company checks . It is quite obvious from the 2 major grand resorts that have gone quite that not enough is being done to support overseas investors.How does The Ministry of Tourism plan on dealing with investment in Natal in the future and what best way would they perceive to be the correct action to secure ones investments?

Policing is of major concern ,so what are their plans on safeguarding the beaches and streets of Natal to make it a safer city ?

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
As you may or may not know, there is a big Tourism meeting in Natal this month, with the participation of just about everyone who is anyone related to tourism in the region certain to attend.

A friend of mine is going to be participating and generously offered to try and get an official answer to some tourism questions for me. As many of the participants here on the forums have invested in property out there and therefore have a vested interest in tourism in the region (and not least because of the heated debates we've been having on this very matter) my friend has agreed to let me ask the forumites if they have any questions they would really like an official reply on.

So... If you have a tourism question, be it regarding past, present or future, post the question here and we'll try and get a response from the "powers that be". Of course keep in mind that the answer will depend on who we get to answer the question.

So, my suggestion is that we make a list of questions and then select one or two that the majority want to see answered. For those that will be attending who read these forums, maybe you can get some of the others answered and all in all get some nice feedback.

I'm expecting several people attending to focus fire questions regarding the progress of the new airport and the football 2014 so lets be creative - don't just fire off the first thing you can think of, lets think of things which will affect our interests in the region too.

Happy brainstorming
John,

Did you get the ADiT Nordeste survey questionnaire? I am not sure, but I think that had something to do with this meeting.

I have a few friends going to it and I can guarantee their focus will be on the promotion of RN to overseas markets and attracting more international carriers to Natal airport, but they might be persuaded to ask a few other questions as well.

Rob.

J

JMBroad

John,

Did you get the ADiT Nordeste survey questionnaire? I am not sure, but I think that had something to do with this meeting.

I have a few friends going to it and I can guarantee their focus will be on the promotion of RN to overseas markets and attracting more international carriers to Natal airport, but they might be persuaded to ask a few other questions as well.

Rob.
Thanks for the input Dotty - before the end of this week I'll post what questions we will be looking to get answers to, from the suggestions here on the forums and some other sources I'm asking.

Rob - nope didn't get the ADiT survey. Would be great if we could help the people attending come up with some questions which will highlight the Real Estate sector in RN so if we do come up with too many questions maybe we can get your friends to do some digging too :)

jeduardo

jeduardo

How about answers to zoning restrictions?

One of many things that are hindering development in Ponta Negra is the rezoning of the "Vila de Ponta Negra" to AEIS (Área Especial de Interesse Social). This restricts construction to 7.5 meters (2 stories) and prohibits consolidation of lots. What started as a valid protest in 2007 to prohibit construction near the "Morro de Careca" has been unjustifiably extrapolated to include the entire area of the village of Ponta Negra. The village of Ponta Negra was rezoned to AEIS (Área Especial de Interesse Social),in absentia of the residents, with the provision that it would be re-evaluated within 6 months. A year has gone by and nothing has happened. They did the same to Mãe Luiza 13 years ago and you can see that AEIS has not provided any benefit or positive aspects to the community. In terms of tourism, the future of the Village of Ponta Negra is essentially frozen in time. Residents cannot expand their property or business, or decide their future.

It would be nice if they reverted to "status quo ante" which I believe was "adensamento básico".

Status
Not open for further replies.