ad

Torn between 3 choices

J

Jay fisher

So i am finally torn between 3 choices choice 1: live in an appartment in the heart of the city on the 8th floor 200 sqm that is at 600 thousand dollars ( i kind of like to live in the city ) choice 2: live in a luxurious suburb 5 min north of the city , 5th floor 190 sqm for 700 thousand the higher price is justified by SPECTACULAR views of the whole city itself or choice choice 3 : a hyper luxurious village just north of that suburb ( like 15 min from the city) that has military checkpoints and beautiful mountains view , the appartment is a 2nd floor 260 sqm at 1.5 million dollars i really am confused and need your opinions max dont worry about budget

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jay

First of all welcome to the forum - I hope you find it helpful and informative.

I would also be interested to hear the feedback from forum members with experience in your area of the world as it is always good to look at different property markets.

Regards,

Mark

eric-galuppo

eric-galuppo

Hi Jay, its really up to you if which place works for you. But in my own opinion, choice number 3 is a pretty good choice. The safety, beauty, relaxing place and of course I love village. Lol :D
As you said, budget isn’t a problem so go for it.

C

carlovinoya

I think you should go for the first option. Not spacious as your other two options however is cheaper and in the heart of the city. The heart of the city is where most of the trends come first. The third option seems a little intimidating to me. With military checkpoints, I kinda think that it's not a safe place.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
I would be interested to hear more about the local property market as this is not something which the vast majority of members will ever have seen or experienced.

K

Kenyon Clarke

I agree with Mark.

Obviously you have different things to consider with regards to real estate in your country.

Here in NZ the prices would have been around the other way, the further out of the city the cheaper it gets and you get a massive increase in property area.

Another thing I notice is the prices, a million dollars would get you a penthouse in the heart of the CBD of Manukau (NZ fastest growing city and a part of the super city Auckland).

P.s a quick look at exchange rates shows me $1,000,000 NZ equals $827,000US or £504,000 or
€607,000 euro

W

Wonderob

Definitely 3 for me but I don't like City living. You do however so that seems the logical way to go for yourself

N

Nigel Bell

Stay where you are and enjoy living in the heart of the City and use any additional funds to buy somewhere smaller in the suburbs which you can rent out until you tire of the City living. In the interim you will enjoy rental income and potentially excellent capital growth. When it come to move you simply swap one location for the other and still have rental income from the city centre apartment.

Good luck
Nigel K Bell

A

aliciawillems286

3rd option is the best to avoid busyness of the city.

N

nicoleallenB

It's really hard to choose with the 3 choices. I would rather take the 3 choices with me. :)

L

losangelesinvest

I would prefer the 3rd one for myself, but end of the day its your decision, choose the one that best suits you.