Toitlet/Bathroom renovation (shower or bath)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob748

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but was hoping to gather some genuine opinions and experience if I may? I'm looking to renovate a bathroom in my house and was thinking of converting the bath/shower to just a shower unit. I just wanted to get peoples opinions on whether or not this choice might have an impact on the value (or ‘sell ability’) of the property when I come to sell and move on.

The property is a one bed coach house, but is a little unusual in that it benefits from being fully detached and a decent sized rear garden. The bathroom in question is small in size and the only one in the property.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Rob

D

diyhelp

The trend today is certainly towards showers although everyone seems to like a bath :)

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Personally if the bathroom is not very big I would go with a shower rather than a bath. As you get older getting in and out of bath can be difficult whereas it is easy to put a seat in a shower if you find standing is not good.

F

FWL

Also, a shower tends to require less space than a bath which leaves a few extra feet for extra general living space. In small homes this can be very useful.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
A bath for comfort but for speed, ease and making best use of space it has to be a shower. Everyone seems to live life at 100 miles an hour with no time to relax.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

What is the trend in the area?

I would guess the main trend would be towards showers. Dont go against the trend - just give tenants what they want, whatever that might be.

M

michael1978

I preffer a bath and I think it adds more value when you sell but if the bathroom is really small it might take away the value. Some pictures might help.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I suppose you could argue that different types of tenants will have different requirements/preferences. Finding a balance between what people want, what makes commercial sense and what you can afford is not easy. From a business point of view it has to be a shower but for comfort, well that is a whole different arguement....bath it has to be,

N

nancy26

Bathroom renovation I will go with bath because in our personal bathroom at least we need this for some refreshment when we are tired after office working for some refreshment.But all this things depend on your bathroom size.
Why don't you hire renovation services to solve your problem perfectly?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I am not sure that you need to hire the services of a renovation expert? If the bathroom is relatively small then surely a shower would take up less space and be more cost-effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.