Toiletries

L

lyndsay552

Just thinking ahead for our visit in April. Before the heavy restrictions on hand luggage I used to carry all my toiletries and sun creams in my hand luggage. Obviously I can't do this now.

Is it worth bringing them with me or should I make do with minitures and buy the rest over there?

Many thanks

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Lyndsay - are you looking to take things over for your apartment as well?

I would still be tempted to take most of my own though as you may have certain faves that you might not be able to get in Hurghada.

If you are staying in a hotel then find out if they will supply daily soap, shampoo and shower gel. When we went to the Marriott we knew they supplied these and it saved a bit of extra weight and we made do with them and I just took my fave hair products etc.

The other option is to take 100ml bottles in your hand luggage.

L

lyndsay552

Don't think it will fit in my hand luggage along with my LCD TV and Denby Dinner set lol

Yes they are for the apartment.

L

lyndsay552

Has anyone an idea about how much things like shampoo and conditioner cost?

Thanks

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Lyndsay on the Living in Egypt thread it said Lux and Camay soap was 1LE ( bargain ).

Wheres George??? Write a shopping list and Im sure he will go to 24/7 or Metro and get all the prices for you the love he is LOL

queenie40something

queenie40something

...its got to be cheaper to buy it out there than in UK then pay excessive baggage.

L

lyndsay552

...its got to be cheaper to buy it out there than in UK then pay excessive baggage.
That's the way I was thinking about it. Just trying to find out what is cheaper in Egypt and what i'll need to bring with me.

Where is George? It's not like him not to be on!!

Lyndsay

L

lyndsay552

Excellent website. Definately one to add to my favourites.

Thanks

Lyndsay