Title Deed...is that all you need to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lister

I own a property in Dubai which luckily has been occuppied for coming up to 2 years now. Anyways, the tenant is leaving and a real estate company dealing with the next lease, (new tenant already moving in) asked me for a copy of my title deed and passport to facilitate the agreement.

Now, my question is, could, someone make a copy of my title deed and pose to be me and sell the apartment?

Am I just being ridicolous?

What are the procedures for selling an apartment? I am living outside the UAE so what could prevent someone from taking my identity and just organizing the sale?

I guess the answer lies in that you need legal representation when selling right?

Thanks! Lister

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
I own a property in Dubai which luckily has been occuppied for coming up to 2 years now. Anyways, the tenant is leaving and a real estate company dealing with the next lease, (new tenant already moving in) asked me for a copy of my title deed and passport to facilitate the agreement.

Now, my question is, could, someone make a copy of my title deed and pose to be me and sell the apartment?

What are the procedures for selling an apartment? I am living outside the UAE so what could prevent someone from taking my identity and just organizing the sale?

I guess the answer lies in that you need legal representation when selling right?

Thanks! Lister
Why on earth would a prospective tenant need to see a title deed?
Also why would they need to see your passport? It sounds very iffy to me.
You need to have copy of their passport but do not under circumstances let them have a copy of yours.

N

NwAli

Thanks! Lister
hello

YES you would need to give him a copy of ur passport and title deed .. and NO they cant not sell your appartment with ur copies dont give them ur originals.
you need lanlords pp copy n title deed for dewa electricity connection , internet , tele

hope it answer ur question

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
I have never heard anything so stupid. It must be the only country in the world where the tenant has the right to a copy of Landlords passport and title deeds.
What a cockeyed back to front country.:typical:

Status
Not open for further replies.