Title Deed delays in Turkey

G

Ghaffar

I have read that title deed (tapu) delays in Turkey are quite normal. Does anyone have any idea how late they can be. I have been waiting 4 months.

C

Carly

As long as there is living permission for the property & you have your MOD response then a title deed/TAPU can be issued the same day. The only delay should be the MOD response which is taking 3 months max at the moment.

P

pinacolada

Plus if there are not any liens at the property or land.

T

turkish_accountant

The delays in getting the title deeds depends on where the real estate is. In rural areas (areas except for Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir I would say),it takes up to 6 months (average 3 months though) to process because different permissions need to be obtained from the governor and the military headquarters of that region which is probably located in another city. In large cities however, this process takes much less time because all the offices are in the same city.

P

Property in Turkey

I have read that title deed (tapu) delays in Turkey are quite normal. Does anyone have any idea how late they can be. I have been waiting 4 months.
4 months is an acceptable period of time, and, under normal circumstances (i.e all papers are correct, and process on its roll etc),I dont think that there is anything to be worried about. As anywhere in the world, paperworks and bureaucracy takes time, and the title deed process, although being quite straightforward in Turkey, may take up to 6 months before being delivered.

D

deirdre2

4 year delay in tapu

I have been waiting 4 years, bought appt through Turkish Premier Homes in Altinkum and have had excuses for the last 4 years, still do not have tapu. Now discover there is a charge of 261,000 TL on the property due to a fight between builders. Where do I go to get my tapu quickly. The Turkish Government should be doing something about this as if a Turkish person buys in the same development he/she gets the deeds the same day. This is clearly a con against the foreign buyers but no-one in power does a thing about it although it is happening all the time and affecting thousands of foreigners buying in Turkey.
deirdre 3-7-2010

R

realestateinturkey

answer

Hi
Maximum in 6 months you can get your tittle deed in Turkey. It depends from which country you are from.

S

Sunnyshores

I have a TAPU question too please, if anyone can help.

There are about 12 UK buyers with properties in a development on Bodrum Peninsular. There is a disagreement between the landowner and the developer and no TAPUS have been issued. We have been advised to take action against the landowner and get our TAPUS.... assuming for now that this is correct....

BEFORE TAPUs are issued, do we need a site habitation licence and do we need our military clearance?

Also, if we do not have any of the above, can we insure our homes?

Grateful for suggestions, Debbie

ozsubasi

ozsubasi

Military searches have been clearing within a month recently. Once these are completed the tapu can be transferred immediately.

U

Unicorn Consultancy

Normal military search duration is 4-6 weeks.