ad

Time to buy European property? People will always need homes?

N

nmb

If we look at any of the mainstream real estate markets around the world there is a greater degree of risk attached to investment at this moment in time. However, when you think about it, whether people buy their own properties or live in government provided accommodation, people will always need homes. So, is it really just a matter of timing your investment for the best price?

L

lookinginvest

If you're buying for the long-term then current prices seem attractive but if you are looking to fine tune your purchase and maybe make a short-term gain, could there be further downside in the short term?

N

nmb

The situation in mainland Europe seems to be getting worse with an Italian banking crisis on horizon, French elections, German elections and ongoing problems with the Greek bailout. Then, we have the UK set to leave the European Union. I think I will postpone any investment in the European market until things settle down and the long-term future of the European Union and the Euro is a little more clear.

N

nmb

@Ahmmed Alomar - Turkey is a very interesting country and one I have followed but not in great detail. Why do you believe the Turkish real estate market would be a good investment?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
At this time I think buying in Turkey is very risky. Too much unrest and a despotic ruler who if he has his way will have all the power taken from parliament and transferred to the Presidency. Why would anyone want to invest in country like that?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I suppose the argument is that property prices reflect the uncertainty (although this is debatable) and perhaps pressure from the West will force the ruler to change his plans? Personally, I don’t think the Turkish leader will take any notice of the Western world.