tiba towers 2

D

danny

Thanks Margaret, and he has the full building licence for these 5 floors? This is very interesting as no-one else seems able to get a licence to build so high, did he apply after he had started building do you know?
There are loads of apartment blocks that have ground floor plus 4 additional floors built above them in Hurghada.

Suledar, Hurghada Village, British Resort, Desert Pearl,Red Sea Residencia, Ivory Suites Hotel, Lotus Breeze, West Side Village (which is still under construction). I could go on and on. It would appear that it is not that difficult to obtain such a licence.

Last edited:
NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

There are loads of apartment blocks that have ground floor plus 4 additional floors built above them in Hurghada.

Suledar, Hurghada Village, British Resort, Desert Pearl,Red Sea Residencia, Ivory Suites Hotel, Lotus Breeze, West Side Village (which is still under construction). I could go on and on. It would appear that it is not that difficult to obtain such a licence.

Hi Danny, I know about those but I'm talking about in this area, I know 2 developers so far that have had to write to the Army and the Governate asking for the complexes to be higher. I just want to know if this builder had to do the same.

D

danny

Hi Danny, I know about those but I'm talking about in this area, I know 2 developers so far that have had to write to the Army and the Governate asking for the complexes to be higher. I just want to know if this builder had to do the same.
International Dreams like you, a member of AIPP, has already informed all on this thread that the paperwork is in order. If we cannot trust AIPP members who can we trust.

Most developments in Egypt are overpriced because of the historical buying power of Europeans. It is quite refreshing that someone is selling at realistic prices that reflect the current market conditions and build costs. They will probably still make a tidy profit.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

International Dreams like you, a member of AIPP, has already informed all on this thread that the paperwork is in order. If we cannot trust AIPP members who can we trust.

Most developments in Egypt are overpriced because of the historical buying power of Europeans. It is quite refreshing that someone is selling at realistic prices that reflect the current market conditions and build costs. They will probably still make a tidy profit.
WWD were members of the AIPP???????

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

danny, all I am trying to do is clarify that someone has got a licence for ground plus 4 floors in this area because if so that means those worrying on Pyramids Beach 4th thinking El Riad won't get the licence for the 4th floor can stop.

I'm not saying anyone is hiding anything or not telling the truth.

D

danny

danny, all I am trying to do is clarify that someone has got a licence for ground plus 4 floors in this area because if so that means those worrying on Pyramids Beach 4th thinking El Riad won't get the licence for the 4th floor can stop.

I'm not saying anyone is hiding anything or not telling the truth.
Maybe they should have thought about applying for the proper building licence before issueing contracts for apartments that do not exist on paper.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

So buying off a member of AIPP is no guarantee that you are dealing with a reputable company.

I take it that this affiliation is like many in other trades, you just pay for the badge then.
The AIPP has been accused lately for not having the right clout to regulate the industry and they are in the process of addressing this. You are right in that some members do just pay for the badge without actually sticking to the code of conduct. This is why when someone buying should not just see the AIPP badge and expect the company to be playing by the rules, they also need to do extra research. You will always get some individuals trying to con people.

Check out our Blog on this subject Rivermead Global Property Blog Help get the Overseas Property Industry regulated!

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Maybe they should have thought about applying for the proper building licence before issueing contracts for apartments that do not exist on paper.
Hi danny, this is my point, they did apply for the licence but have been told they can have ground plus 3 and have to re-apply for ground plus 4 once construction gets to a certain point.

I'm not trying to trip anyone up here I am trying to find out how this development got the licence, I haven't seen it so I don't know where it is up to with construction. This is also the same for other developments in this area so if I can see this licence I can put minds at rest that the licence will be issued as per council guidelines.

Why are you so intent on being negative and to a point aggressive to my posts?

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
Thanks Margaret, and he has the full building licence for these 5 floors? This is very interesting as no-one else seems able to get a licence to build so high, did he apply after he had started building do you know?
Dear Neil,

As Danny Said its not the only building and you can't start building before you finish your license

D

danny

Hi danny, this is my point, they did apply for the licence but have been told they can have ground plus 3 and have to re-apply for ground plus 4 once construction gets to a certain point.

I'm not trying to trip anyone up here I am trying to find out how this development got the licence, I haven't seen it so I don't know where it is up to with construction. This is also the same for other developments in this area so if I can see this licence I can put minds at rest that the licence will be issued as per council guidelines.

Why are you so intent on being negative and to a point aggressive to my posts?
Not an aggressive tone in any of my posts. You appeared to be tarring this development with the same brush as others which is a bit unfair and you may well have put people off buying here which again is unfair.
It is not until the last few posts of yours that you actually explained the thinking behind your comments. Up until then it appeared that you were the negative one with regards to Tiba Heights. If you had explained in earlier posts what you were trying to achieve you may have got the answers you were looking for.If the reason behind your comments was to try and placate the concerns of others on other sites you should have said so earlier. I am sure International Dreams and El Gouna property may well have supplied this information to you.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Ok can someone please email me the licence for this building showing ground plus 4 floors thank you and my apologies to anyone thinking of buying here. Do your research, get an independent solicitor and if it is all ok then these are a steal at this price.

Email to [email protected] I will pass it on to our solicitors in Cairo to have a look, thank you.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Not an aggressive tone in any of my posts. You appeared to be tarring this development with the same brush as others which is a bit unfair and you may well have put people off buying here which again is unfair.
It is not until the last few posts of yours that you actually explained the thinking behind your comments. Up until then it appeared that you were the negative one with regards to Tiba Heights. If you had explained in earlier posts what you were trying to achieve you may have got the answers you were looking for.If the reason behind your comments was to try and placate the concerns of others on other sites you should have said so earlier. I am sure International Dreams and El Gouna property may well have supplied this information to you.
Why would it but people off buying, Margaret and Richard have both said the paperwork is in place, isn't the point of a forum to discuss the developments?

Also once I have seen the licence I can tell everyone on here I have seen it.

D

danny

Why would it but people off buying, Margaret and Richard have both said the paperwork is in place, isn't the point of a forum to discuss the developments?

Also once I have seen the licence I can tell everyone on here I have seen it.
Because you are more vocal on this forum than others and have built up a reputation of being a person who can be trusted. Your influence can overide other less vocal members of the forum.

You have to be careful when you have a level of influence over others.

All over this forum there are stories of part built resorts which I am sure the developers had all intentions of completing, nobody buys land and starts to build with the intention of selling 1 or 2 apartments. A few negative comments can put a stop to sales and result in non completion and a loss to the pioneers who risked the initial investment to get things up and running.

If Tiba has 84 apartments at an average £12k which, if allowed to be marketed and sold interupted will realise over £1 million, I would assume there was plenty of potential for a substantial profit.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Because you are more vocal on this forum than others and have built up a reputation of being a person who can be trusted. Your influence can overide other less vocal members of the forum.

You have to be careful when you have a level of influence over others.

All over this forum there are stories of part built resorts which I am sure the developers had all intentions of completing, nobody buys land and starts to build with the intention of selling 1 or 2 apartments. A few negative comments can put a stop to sales and result in non completion and a loss to the pioneers who risked the initial investment to get things up and running.

If Tiba has 84 apartments at an average £12k which, if allowed to be marketed and sold interupted will realise over £1 million, I would assume there was plenty of potential for a substantial profit.
Which is why I added the later post if I see the licence and have the solicitors in Cairo check it out then it would be a boost for this development not a hinderence. I have no intention of derailing any project and if these are genuine I hope they sell quickly as the builder will have done everything properly and it will be good PR for an ailing market.

Point taken about mentioning in my earlier posts what I was after and I will ensure in future I make it clearer, thanks.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Dear Alan,

I said papers are available to check so if any one doubt he or she can see it, and if anything negative I will not hide.

Thanks
HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Like other agents, Neil and my company could promote Tiba projects as we are contracted to the main agents like Egypt Real at Estate Alliance in Hurghada. Yet in all sincerity we will not promote until the paperwork is fully sanctioned.

That means viewing a license to build ground plus four and that the titles are duly in place, irrespective of a ditch being dug already to say work has started. We have seen what happens when clients get let down and have to return monies. e.g. Regency Heights and Regency Towers, with Andy Harris etc.

I also require a copy of the client contract. It seems these are only available when a client wants to buy, giving little time for scrutiny.

This week I took legal advice from the top UK/Egypt Lawyer and we came to the conclusion that ALL AGENTS and developers should display those legal documents on their web-sites. It would stop any ambiguity and give prospective buyers the opportunity to check the project's legalities and to scrutinise the articles in the contract they are entering into and subsequently paying money to purchase.

IT WOULD STOP ALL THESE ARGUMENTS and then us promotors would have a clear transparant path to pursue genuine sales.

Those developers not prepared to declare these documents must be hiding something.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
All over this forum there are stories of part built resorts which I am sure the developers had all intentions of completing.

Nobody buys land and starts to build with the intention of selling 1 or 2 apartments. A few negative comments can put a stop to sales and result in non completion and a loss to the pioneers who risked the initial investment to get things up and running.

And there is the issue, £1 million of customer funds which tempts the unscrupulous landowner and his practical partners to run off with.

LOOK..... I'm not being cynical, just cautious. 25 years in Egyptian tourism tells me to be. I've seen project owners do this and it's not a new phenomenum, Sharm is littered with previous cases and tens of millions have been lost. Why would Neil and others want to let it continue? As you stated we value the respect we are given, so it's down to the developers to earn our trust.

Alan. Coralife-Style Consultants