TIba Palace Owners Thread

A

AngelaBut

Hi All,

I am looking at purchasing a 1 bedroom apartment in the Tiba Palace project in Hurghada. Is anyone else looking at buying in this development? I am in Australia, so I will be buying "site-unseen". Any information anyone has about this development or the builder Rea Sea Way would be appreciated.

The agent I'm using for this puchase is Uncover Egypt. Does anyone have any feedback on them or their recommeded lawyer Khalid El Nouby?

Thanks for any information/advice.

Angela

M

musicman

Hi All,

I am looking at purchasing a 1 bedroom apartment in the Tiba Palace project in Hurghada. Is anyone else looking at buying in this development? I am in Australia, so I will be buying "site-unseen". Any information anyone has about this development or the builder Rea Sea Way would be appreciated.

The agent I'm using for this puchase is Uncover Egypt. Does anyone have any feedback on them or their recommeded lawyer Khalid El Nouby?

Angela
Hi,please be careful,I brought in Hurgharda Village and lost all my investment....so make sure you know what you are doing
Peter

L

Lysos

Angela, just why are you considering buying site unseen so far away from your base ?.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Seeing is believing

Angela, just why are you considering buying site unseen so far away from your base ?.
There are over three years of postings in this forum alone that will make you think twice about throwing your money to the wind.

Read them and do your research. This is Egypt not Queensland
But hey, I'm wondering if insurance companies will be paying for all those flood claims. We know Egypt ones don't.

Alan.

M

musicman

I also brought a property in Brazil through Kevin Wallace,seems he has ripped me off also,thought I could trust a Pom..

E

Egypt fan

Hi All,

Angela
When i wanted to buy in Egypt My friends adviced me to Visit first and they was absolutely right as its a different feelings and realty is different from pictures so

so better to visit the town first and see what suits you

Ron1621

Ron1621

Hi All,

Angela
Hi Angela

There are some latest construction photos from there taken in December posted on another thread under Nubia resort I think it is.

I have purchased Apartment A24 in that development. I used Sun Homes Overseas as the Agent and have used the Hurghada Lawyer Tarek Fathalla who is very efficient with excellent communications via email.

I have also used Tarek to purchase an Apartment on the Makadi Project which is being built by Orascom Management and Development if you Google them you can find further info.

I only know that Red Sea Ways are Builder and developers of all the Tiba projects in Hurghada and from looking at the Due Diligence i understand they are the land owners of the land they are building on with no mortgage on it.

I cant tell you anything about Uncover Egypt or their recommended lawyer as I don't know them.

Good Luck

Ron

A

AngelaBut

Hi Angela

There are some latest construction photos from there taken in December posted on another thread under Nubia resort I think it is.

I have purchased Apartment A24 in that development. I used Sun Homes Overseas as the Agent and have used the Hurghada Lawyer Tarek Fathalla who is very efficient with excellent communications via email.

I have also used Tarek to purchase an Apartment on the Makadi Project which is being built by Orascom Management and Development if you Google them you can find further info.

I only know that Red Sea Ways are Builder and developers of all the Tiba projects in Hurghada and from looking at the Due Diligence i understand they are the land owners of the land they are building on with no mortgage on it.

I cant tell you anything about Uncover Egypt or their recommended lawyer as I don't know them.

Good Luck

Ron
Hi Ron,

Thanks for your useful post. Has your lawyer made many changes to your contract? Have you been contacted about "additional inclusions" by Red Sea Way? I was going to go ahead with these, but now they are asking for the money upfront, which sounds dodgyto me. If you don't mind, I may look into using Tarek since you recommend him.

Angela

M

Madgiz

Hi Angela..
What money are you being asked for upfront.? is it the 40% deposit.?

A

AngelaBut

Hi Angela..
What money are you being asked for upfront.? is it the 40% deposit.?
Hi Madgiz,

No, it's for additional inclusions.

1- Shower Cabin start from 2,000 LE
2- Unit bottom of the sink with marble 1,650 LE
3- Wood Kitchen with marble (Glala) Bottom only for Apartment 1 room 4,000 LE
4- electric Heater (30 liter) 500 LE
5- Air condition for Flat 1 bedroom is (2 Air-conditioning) 7,500 LE

Total 15,650 LE

With other properties I've brought abroad, I usually pay so much up front for additions, and then the remaining amount closer to completion. Red Sea Way are asking for the whole amount now, when the build won't complete until June 2012 which I find unusual (and greedy) Has anyone else buying from Red Sea Way been contacted about these additional inclusions?

L

Lysos

Angela, I ask again, why are you buying site unseen so far away ?. Please don't say "for investment" !!!!!.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
This is Egypt and that's the Egyptian way I'm afraid.

Obviously if it's not described on your original sales contract, RSW cannot demand it. Now you see why it is so important everyone has a good lawyer validate the wording and due diligence BEFORE anyone signs a purchase agreement and pays a reservation fee.

And then, if you decide to pull out, they claim your fee as admin costs.... Good isn't it?

Alan.

Ron1621

Ron1621

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your useful post. Has your lawyer made many changes to your contract? Have you been contacted about "additional inclusions" by Red Sea Way? I was going to go ahead with these, but now they are asking for the money upfront, which sounds dodgyto me. If you don't mind, I may look into using Tarek since you recommend him.

Angela
Hi Angela

I didn't have any changes to the contract in respect of additions so I cannot comment regarding that as it is my intention to source my own fittings rather than the builder. If you read a few of the different posts you can see that there are a number of suppliers who really do offer great value.

Ron

A

AngelaBut

Just to clarify for everyone, the additional inclusions are exactly that - additional. They do not form part of the contract. I haven't even signed a contract as yet.

The purpose of me posting on this forum was to find out what other people's first hand experiences with the developer\builder of the Tiba projects has been like,
as well as the agent (Uncover Egypt).

Surely with the number of Tiba projects underway I would've thought there would be a number of people with first hand experience (good or bad) they could share. Personally, I'm quite amazed at the level of negativity and generalised remarks that have been posted.

Thanks Ron for sharing how you've found things with Tiba Palace so far. It'd be great if anyone else who has purchased in a Tiba development could post as well.

L

Lysos

I'm amazed that you are amazed at the 'level of negativity'. Buying property in the Red Sea area seems to be a one way ticket to stress & penury !.

A Rab

A Rab

Hi, my first time on this forum, i have purchased on one of Tiba projects & would agree with Alan regarding the additional costs RSW are asking, these are additional costs that are not part of your original contract so contact RSW & tell them you dont require any of the fixtures they are offering. I am sure they will retract the asking of these fees. Myself i would prefer the developer to install these extra,s as the development nears completion & the prices dont seem ott. it just seems logical that you purchase an apt get the key then furnish it & move in, not get the key and start installing fixtures and fittings. regards A
ps the latest photos of the tiba projects (february) are available

Ron1621

Ron1621

Hi, my first time on this forum, i have purchased on one of Tiba projects & would agree with Alan regarding the additional costs RSW are asking, these are additional costs that are not part of your original contract so contact RSW & tell them you dont require any of the fixtures they are offering. I am sure they will retract the asking of these fees. Myself i would prefer the developer to install these extra,s as the development nears completion & the prices dont seem ott. it just seems logical that you purchase an apt get the key then furnish it & move in, not get the key and start installing fixtures and fittings. regards A
ps the latest photos of the tiba projects (february) are available
I have purchased an apartment outright at Tiba Palace at no stage ever did Red Sea Ways (RSW) or the Agent attempt, or offer to sell any Extra's/Add ons. What was in the contract is all that is clearly outlined in the sales literature so anyone considering buying knows the builders finished standard and that furnishing of the property is required. However it goes without saying that if a purchaser wishes to have something different built in for example a higher spec finish such as marble tiles throughout etc., then this is outside the standard specification and therefore like any other Country the purchaser would have to pay an additional cost. It also would generally make sense to ask the builder to do it as they built although a buyer wouldn't necessarily be getting the best price for the job to be completed but that is the buyers choice.

The normal Egyptian standard is basically a shell and the buyer would be responsible for all interior fittings, sanitary ware, kitchen sinks units etc including interior painting, sometimes windows and interior doors. RSW is offering better than that but not to UK finished standard although as I said a purchaser would already know that. Although I agree it would be much better if the units were installed and all the I had to do was personalise with furnishings but this is Egypt and its done differently here but who knows maybe one day All properties will be the fully finished item.

If you follow Red Sea Ways Building Projects they post photographic updates each month on their website which is more than other builders/developers do for their clients.

Regards

Ron

Last edited:
A Rab

A Rab

Same as, purchased outright and had no request for additional costs, has anybody else?

J

jasonhall

Tiba Garden

Hi Madgiz,

No, it's for additional inclusions.

1- Shower Cabin start from 2,000 LE
2- Unit bottom of the sink with marble 1,650 LE
3- Wood Kitchen with marble (Glala) Bottom only for Apartment 1 room 4,000 LE
4- electric Heater (30 liter) 500 LE
5- Air condition for Flat 1 bedroom is (2 Air-conditioning) 7,500 LE

Total 15,650 LE

With other properties I've brought abroad, I usually pay so much up front for additions, and then the remaining amount closer to completion. Red Sea Way are asking for the whole amount now, when the build won't complete until June 2012 which I find unusual (and greedy) Has anyone else buying from Red Sea Way been contacted about these additional inclusions?
Hi ANGELA,
Im in the process of signing for tiba palace the item you mentioned above ! did you manage to sort this out ? apart from air con , the rest should be included in the price ? if thats not the case why they asking now for the above now it only just off the ground . Be interesting if they ask for money for the curtains soon lol any information you have would be great
kind Regards
Jason

Ron1621

Ron1621

Checkout the latest construction photos

The building work is really coming on since last months update checkout the latest photos here. Red Sea Way Tiba Palace
Cheers

Ron