The Zumbi Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adriano

Hi you brazilian lovers!

I have made a reservation in one of the Zumbi condominiums, Praia Zumbi.
Someone of you that have been out there?

Adriano

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi you brazilian lovers!

I have made a reservation in one of the Zumbi condominiums, Praia Zumbi.
Someone of you that have been out there?

Adriano
I have been to Zumbi. What do you want to know?

Regards,
Rob.

J

JMBroad

Yup been up there to see them too - what did you buy, apartment or one of the houses?

A

Adriano

I have bought a house in Praia Zumbi. I hope to go there soon, and in pictures I have seen it seems to be a nice condo. I just hope I get what I have been promised. If you have been there, what do you think about the place?

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Adriano,

I haven't been to the development itself, I only went into the town because the tide was coming in and I wasn't up to doing another 10km's on soft sand.

Zumbi has nice beaches but the town is pretty drab and the access roads to the highway are dirt tracks so it is pretty basic there. Zumbi isn't really a "destination" so unless you have good rental management and marketing I wouldn't expect too much in terms of rental returns.

If you are in it for the long term you should do well with capital growth as the area will be improved and further facilities built as more developments come along (which they are).

Regards,
Rob

J

JMBroad

As Robh says, long term you should do very well (just about anywhere in Brazil should do very well in the long term).

The Zumbi Resorts have good points and down sides - it is up to you to decide which points you are most interested in and therefore if it is what you are looking for.

The good points are that the developments are legally sound, the price is very attractive for Brazil compared to what most agencies in Europe are offering and the development itself is lovely. Lush green grass, directly beach front, clean and tidy and the people who run the development are a lovely bunch. Miguel is a lovely chap and from what I understand he does have some rental plan and agreements going with some operators in Europe.

The down side is the fact that the location is still quite far away from everything (restaurants, hospitals, banks, etc). The access (once you leave the BR101) is around 5 km of dirt track and you drive past some unfinished construction sites to get to the town. But once you are there, the contrast between the development and the cleanliness and the dirt track really makes you feel privileged.

The down sides are reflected in the price and therefore it can be viewed upon as a good investment taking into consideration that the dirt track has been promised to be tarmacced in the future. When, nobody knows...

Hope that helped

Last edited:
A

Adriano

Thanks Rob and JMBroad!

Seems like you know the area very well.
I was up there some years ago in the very beginning of the construction, so I know it is a bit out.
But as you sad I am in this for the long term, actually for use and recreation for my and my famili when Europe is cold.
Of course it would be nice with som more restaurants and other things, on the other side its nice to have the lovely beaches almost for yourself.

I look forward to see the condo and house in March.

Adriano

J

JMBroad

Thanks Rob and JMBroad!

Seems like you know the area very well.
I was up there some years ago in the very beginning of the construction, so I know it is a bit out.
But as you sad I am in this for the long term, actually for use and recreation for my and my famili when Europe is cold.
Of course it would be nice with som more restaurants and other things, on the other side its nice to have the lovely beaches almost for yourself.

I look forward to see the condo and house in March.

Adriano
Exactly, all depends on what suits your own personal taste. Seems like you made the right choice - hope you enjoy ;)

A

Adriano

Hi :)

Nobody else in here who have bought up i Zumbi?
I have now been there on vacation, (Pictures in the rental section) and we were very happy about the place.

I have been a big reader of this forum now, and I find it very useful. I see that many have problems of getting their deeds. In Zumbi we got the deed just a couple of days after we got the kee and paid the remaining amount.
So it is possible I guess.

Have a nice trip to Brazil, Natal everybody. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.