The World Dubai - Worth Investing In?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dxbobserver

Does anyone have any info re The World and if it is worth investing in? How do you see the potential appreciation in the next few years etc?

G

Gashead

What exactly were you thinking of investing in? I worked on a large part of it and to say you're thinking of investing is too broad.

D

dxbobserver

What exactly were you thinking of investing in? I worked on a large part of it and to say you're thinking of investing is too broad.
Absolutely right. I should have explained more
Thinking of buying a residential unit - studio/1bed

I have been told a few residential developments will be launched soon, so just wanted to get some basic facts about it, coz you don't really hear much about TW compared to other places

Have any residential complexes been built already or currently under construction and if so what's the average price psf?

Thanks

E

Elphaba

I may be mistaken, but I thought the concept of The World was that you buy a specific 'country' .

G

Gashead

I may be mistaken, but I thought the concept of The World was that you buy a specific 'country' .
Not really. Most countries are made up of islands (Australia is about 30) and some are being sold off seperately, it's a while since I worked on it but there was also a rumour that some islands and countries would be morphed into continent type masses.

Notwithstanding that the developer will then put residential units (or whatever) on the island which will be available for free or lease hold purchase... and that is a huge legal quagmire, much more so than land based 'freeholds'.

Some islands may be private or hotels of course.

The funniest (or saddest) is Bard Pitt who wants to buy one and turn it into an eco island... building and servicing an island offshore of a desert is about the least eco friendly project I can think of.

R

Richard Eddison

I can advise you to invest in Dubai.Now will try to explain why: Dubai has no taxes of any kind when purchasing a property in the emirate. Dubai also benefits from no business taxes, except in the banking industry.When buying off-plan property in Dubai, there is a choice of financing options available. Finance can take the form of a standard home loan of up to 70% of the property purchase price; alternatively the developers themselves may offer a lengthy repayment plan as a purchase option. These packages come at competitive rates and add the convenience of fixed monthly repayments over anything from 5 to 15 years.Purchasers are not required to have a UAE bank account to purchase in Dubai.With an escrow account you have the assurance, security and safety that your monies are protected by an impartial third party.All Select Property developments in Dubai have a secure Escrow Account
Kind regards.

D

dxbobserver

I can advise you to invest in Dubai.Now will try to explain why: Dubai has no taxes of any kind when purchasing a property in the emirate. Dubai also benefits from no business taxes, except in the banking industry.When buying off-plan property in Dubai, there is a choice of financing options available. Finance can take the form of a standard home loan of up to 70% of the property purchase price; alternatively the developers themselves may offer a lengthy repayment plan as a purchase option. These packages come at competitive rates and add the convenience of fixed monthly repayments over anything from 5 to 15 years.Purchasers are not required to have a UAE bank account to purchase in Dubai.With an escrow account you have the assurance, security and safety that your monies are protected by an impartial third party.All Select Property developments in Dubai have a secure Escrow Account
Kind regards.

Thanks Richard,

I take it you work for SP!
I have already dealt with them and I like them (so far so good) - I wasn't aware though they had available developments in Dubai, I thought they had sold out. plz let me know if you have more info - feel free to pm

Status
Not open for further replies.